CHAPTER SIX: Showtime

"Uh, guys, are you seein' what I'm seein'..?"

Yet again, I was the centre of attention, but not for the same reason as before. After going through a pile of questionable old clothes Mosh had brought back, removing my bandanna, and a few other little touch ups, I looked like a completely different person.

I was looking like a woman.

"Y..yep..."

"Kid really beat that up..?"

"There's no way that's the brat from the other night..."

"Why isn't she wearing pants?! Somebody get the lady some pants!"

Unashamed, I stood upon a deck full of men in nothing but a torn up T-shirt and my own underwear. My hair was all matted, by my own doing, and I had already been filthy from my days in the cell. I was dressed for the part.

"Nothing to see here. You've all got better things to do." Killer warned his crewmates, having to do nothing but stand there for them to scatter like startled ants before he turned to address me. "Why aren't you wearing pants..?"

Shrugging, I looked down at myself, not seeing the big deal.
"What? Everything important is covered, isn't it?" Doing a spin, I wiggled my hips a bit, having to stifle a laugh when Killer's head whipped around to face the opposite direction.
"Hardly..."

Pffffft. Men.

It was kind of cold out, so I was well aware of my two little chest soldiers standing to attention, but that would only add to my upcoming performance. The island was in sight now, and we were readying to pull in to dock by the cove.

"Alright...Are we doing this, or wha-" Kid stomped his way up from the hull and froze mid-step when he laid eyes upon me. He didn't say a word, and I couldn't tell what was going through his head because his expression didn't change.

"Uh, reporting for duty?" I just stood there, waiting for him to move, or do anything, honestly. He seemed to shake himself out of it, growing more irritated, which had been expected. It was Kid, after all.
"You listen the hell up, you piece of shit..."

That's not very nice. Piece of garbage, sure, but not shit...

"You have three hours to get the keys. If you screw up, or even miss the time limit by a single second, you're gonna die. Do you understand?" One of his go-to intimidation tactics seemed to be getting right up in people's personal bubbles, but even as he leered over the top of me, I stood my ground.

"I can do it in two, but sure. Three works." I was confident, which hadn't really worked out for me the last time, but I was actually prepared for this heist. I'd screwed with the Navy before, so I knew what to expect.

Seizing me by the jaw, Kid was grinning, but I could see the malice behind it. His eyes were burning, showing me his true desire to rip me to shreds then and there.
"As much as I want those weapons, I don't expect you to even make it back here. I'll be sure to take a nice, long piss on your corpse when we come and do it ourselves."

I wouldn't have put it past him to do something so vile, and I visibly recoiled a little. Not in fear, just in disgust.
"Wow, you're one sick puppy..." I muttered, wiping a bit of his spittle off my face once he released me.

As the crew did what needed to be done to dock the ship, I kept my distance from the sadistic captain. There wasn't any guarantee that he'd keep his word, so my life was still precariously hanging in the balance.

I didn't want to die, but I had too much pride to drop to my knees and grovel like I had already done for that chance to speak to my big brother. If I wanted any opportunity to someday return to Water 7, I had to do as he said.