23: Pain

(Chapter - 23)

Yera went back to the rooftop to check out the beautiful dress she found. She placed the delicate dress in her arm carefully as she hummed a tune. Her smile was sickeningly adorable if someone had ever seen her at that time.

She took a seat on the chrome bench and unfolded the dress, which had pearl beads bordering the collar. The dress just ended above the knees, and Yera was sure that she would have killed it when she could have grabbed a chance to wear it.

"I am not greedy. I am going to return it soon." Yera said to herself as she admired the embroidery work with twinkling eyes.

»»---------------------►

"Uhm, sorry Miss, we phoned all the patients we are currently having over here, but no one seems to own this dress as per the description." The receptionist informed Yera, keeping the dress in front of her.

"Why don't you keep it to yourself, miss? It will suit you pretty well!" The receptionist etched a smile towards Yera, who kept shaking her head as a 'no'.

"I can't..." Yera denied.

"Yes? The patient is in a stable condition right now..." The receptionist attended the landline as she gestured for Yera to pick up the dress on the desk.

Yera eventually accepted the dress with considerable reluctance, smiling uncomfortably towards the lady.

The receptionist waved a bye to Yera while winking at her.

"It seems like fate wants us to be together." Yera mumbled while smiling to herself as she strolled away from the reception.

"Is that Heeseung?" Yera asked herself as she approached the corridor deck.

Heeseung was leaning against the railing, clad in pure black, an earring dangling from his left ear, his hair blowing subtly as cold air stroked his black hair. He was wearing a gold chain, and a Rolex watch was resting on his wrist.

"Heeseung?" Yera tapped his back to grab his attention.

"Yes," Heeseung faced the person who summoned him, taking in a puff of cigarette which rested in between his slender fingers, which were covered with rings.

"Leave. No questions." As soon as he discovered that the person who called him out was the one who played with his emotions, he commanded her to leave him alone, taking in a puff of that stick once again.

He didn't want to pour all of his ill feelings on her.

He wanted some time,

alone.

"Why are you smoking, huh?" Yera pulled his hand, making him face her.

Her eyes showed utter disappointment.

Heeseung rolled his eyes as soon as she looked at him with concern.

"Don't pity me. I am used to being like that. Get away from my eyes." Heeseung spat out, glaring at her intensely.

He knew that all of it was a play. She never cared about him.

"Stop it, Heeseung! It's enough!" Yera carelessly snatched the cigarette, which burned her palm. She didn't even yelp in pain when the hot stick made contact with her skin. Her only focus was on Heeseung.

She blew air on her injured palm, trying to get rid of the pain. Heeseung felt a bit guilty upon watching her in pain. His heart felt a pang. However, Heeseung got rid of the feeling of concern in his heart and just stared at her coldly, convincing himself that she didn't deserve his worry.

"Fvck off." Heeseung fiercely ordered, pointing towards the exit.

Until this time, Yera's eyes were all glassy, her tears threatening to spill out at any moment.

"Did I do something wrong?" Yera asked him, puzzled by his strange behaviour. She had never seen him acting irrationally till this present moment.

Heeseung smirked at the question asked and dragged the girl to the edge of the deck as she leaned her back towards the railing. He placed both of his arms on the railing, cornering her.

"Ask this question to yourself, Jang Yera." Heeseung told her as he decreased the distance between them, trying to be intimidating. His eyes were shot red at that time.

"You know the answer very well." He chuckled bitterly and backed off as he observed her frightened state.

Shutting the door harshly, Heeseung left the frail girl alone on the chilly deck, who placed her head on her knees and sobbed uncontrollably.

To be continued...

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

Stay healthy, stay happy and stay tuned for the updates>>

❤️❤️❤️