Chapter Thirty One

𝐸𝑛𝑧𝑜 ☽

I couldn't take my eyes off her.

She sang so beautifully.

It was beautiful.

She was beautiful.

I was going insane.

When she finished, people stood up and gave her a standing ovation. I sat still, my eyes never leaving her figure.

She grinned and thanked everyone before turning and leaving the stage. She strolled back to her sister to hand the microphone, but her sister pulled her in for a hug instead.

Even though there was a distance between us, I could see that she was uncomfortable and stiff. She didn't wrap her arms around her sister, she just stood there, unmoving.

Natalia pulled away from her and mumbled something in her ear. She gently took the microphone from Aurora's hands and returned to her husband.

Aurora quickly turned and started making her way back to me.

We locked eyes.

I smiled when her cheeks turned the lightest shade of pink.

I stood up and pulled her chair out for her. She whispered a thank you, bunched up her skirt and sat down.

Everyone around her congratulated her, and told her how amazing she was.

But me? I just couldn't take my eyes off her.

I couldn't form any words.

I couldn't even get a breath in.

When she finally looked at me, her grin grew wider. I couldn't help myself anymore, her grin did things to me.

She did things to me.

I leaned forward, grabbed the bottom of her chair, and pulled it toward me. She shifted in her seat just so she could face me properly.

"Rory... god, I don't even know what to say."

She chuckled quietly, "Was I that bad?"

My teeny smile disappeared and was quickly replaced by a frown. I took her hands and squeezed them together while lacing my fingers with hers.

"No. No, that's not what I meant. I'm sorry, it came out wrong. I just... you were so beautiful up there. I'm still at a loss for words."

Her mouth slightly fell open.

We were so close that our lips were near touching. One slight tilt of either of our heads and they would meet.

I had to use all the self-control left in me not to claim her mouth with mine.

She closed her mouth after a few seconds and smiled gently.

The corners of my lips pulled upward at the sight of her smile.

I let go of her hands to cup her face. Her smile only grew wider when my thumbs brushed her bottom lip.

"I love your smile," I whispered.

I still couldn't believe that in a few hours, Aurora Rae, the most beautiful woman I have ever met, would be mine. And, that I would be hers.

It just all seemed so surreal.

"Alright love birds, it's time for food."

Aurora groaned and turned her head to look at Flora. She glared at her while I removed my hands from her face and stood up.

"She's right, love. The quicker we eat, the quicker we can leave."

Derek coughed into his elbow, "The quicker they can fuc—"