CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE

ACE OF HEARTS
CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE: THE GATE
IN EDDIE'S TRAILER

     SNATCHING HOLLY WHEELER'S LITE-BRIGHT out of her grasp, Dustin Henderson raced upstairs to Nancy Wheeler's room while the others quickly followed behind him

     SNATCHING HOLLY WHEELER'S LITE-BRIGHT out of her grasp, Dustin Henderson raced upstairs to Nancy Wheeler's room while the others quickly followed behind him. After discovering the S.O.S. message through the lights, the group was now aware of Eddie, Steve, Nancy, and Robin's presence in the Upside Down. Although they didn't know it before, they'd been with them the whole time. Once they arrived in Nancy's room, Lucas Sinclair moved to the corner and plugged in the toy while the others sat in front of it.

"Okay, you guys seeing this?" Dustin loudly called, looking up at the ceiling.

Suddenly, the Lite-Brite buzzed with electricity, brightly illuminating their faces with various colors. Smiling with joy, the group cheered as they happily hugged one another.

"We're not moving it, but we're gonna unplug it," Dustin shouted once more. "Stand by."

Turning to the boy who was seated by the outlet, Cassie Harrington spoke to him, "Now, Lucas, yank it."

Nodding once, the boy followed her command and pulled the plug, letting the light disappear into darkness.

"Okay, try it now!" Dustin called.

As the rest group awaited for their response, Cassie Harrington felt herself grow quite anxious. Linking her arm with Mike Wheeler's, the girl pulled him close and rested her forehead on his shoulder. After a few more moments of waiting, the familiar sound of buzzing electricity resurfaced.

"Hey, look," Mike's voice softly spoke to her, pointing to the toy.

Focusing her gaze back on the Lite-Brite, Cassie Harrington let out a sigh in relief as she noticed the letters H and I appear in the light.

"Hi!" Dustin and Erica called excitedly.

"Oh my god," Cassie breathed, a new smile forming on her face. "Hi!"

"Hey, guys!" Mike Wheeler shouted along with them. "That worked!"

As the energy continued to surge through dimensions, the group awaited for their next message. Soon enough, several more letters appeared onto the Lite-Brite.

"S..."

"T..."

"U..."

"Stu?" Dustin Henderson asked, raising his eyebrows. "Stupid?"

"C..."

"K..."

"Stuck!" Cassie exclaimed, letting out a sigh. "They're stuck in the Upside Down. Figures."

"Uh, you can't get back through Watergate?" Dustin shouted, looking up at the ceiling.