Strange

"Wait, (y/n)?" were the words that shocked her. She never thought that she would hear her name coming from his breath ever again. But she didn't know it would soon turn out bitter.

Tears escaped her eyes. She couldn't be any happier to see him again, and even more, he remembered her name.

She ran up to him and embraced him tightly. She felt his hand touch her back delicately.

"You don't know how much I missed you, Levi. I love you." She said with a faint voice, but enough for him to hear.

"I... I'm confused. Excuse me. I don't remember anything." He was left stiff in her arms. It hurt her that he wouldn't hug her back, but she took into account how he doesn't remember her or their relationship. "... Stop crying." Was all he could add.

She backed away. "How do you remember my name?"

He looked to the side, "I had dreams about you. I'm not sure why. And I couldn't remember your face but now that I've seen it, I recognized you." He replied. "When I was in the hospital, I had dreams about a lot of things, but I remember seeing you there and someone who talked really loud, and moving tall buildings."

"What did the hospital tell you about your injuries when you woke up?"

He put a hand over his abdomen and touched his ribs, "They told me I was in a car accident."

She looked down at his torso, remembering the splatter of blood on his shirt, making her almost tear up again. It was something that she hated to remember and visualize in her head.

"And that I was hit and my ribs were crushed, but they were able to revive me. I still feel sore. I feel like it was much worse than a car accident, for some reason, I feel upset thinking about it. It's like I lost something."

"Do you know what your relation was to me?" she asked. Maybe it wasn't safe for her to jog his memory to the extreme as of yet, but she wanted to know everything.

"... The hospital said we lived together." he replied.

"What else did they tell you?"

"That I had a girlfriend." he replied. "Petra, I believe."

Her eyebrows furrowed, clearly taken aback by what she had just heard. "That's... not true." Her tone remained calm, as she thought that an abrasive one would set him off.

"But that's what they told me." he responded, confused.

"Levi, I'm your girlfriend. That's why we live together." she scoffed, I just went through a lot of shit and this is what the world throws at me.She could almost feel herself laugh sarcastically at whatever god was putting her through this.

"I see." he looked around her kitchen, taking it easier than she had expected. "I apologize for not being so affectionate towards you right now, then. I'm still a little confused about everything. And everything hurts, so I can't think straight."

"It's okay, take your time, I'll help you." she reluctantly took his hand.

His gaze fell on their intertwined fingers. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." she smiled. She was happy to see his face once again, but it felt a little disheartening to see him go back to square one. It would again take a while before she coild hear the words, "I love you, (y/n)" escape his mouth genuinely once again.

"Come on, let's go to the living room, you can rest there and watch TV." she slipped her hand away from his and led him to the couch.

There were tons of contemplations and decisions she wanted to make in that moment, whether she should tell him his previous life, his universe, and his book.