9: tick tok

When they finally arrived in the school, night was fully underway and darkness was flowing in from every window. Steve and Dustin had been bickering the whole ride, making it hell for the other two in the car.

It was kind of creepy but cool to be in the school late at night, Alex thought it was cool anyway, the others were on edge. The halls were in complete darkness, not a single light turned on or another person in sight. It seemed like the perfect place to shoot a horror film.

Dustin's radio crackled interrupting the pacing of their own footsteps filling the halls. Robin's voice came through the radio quickly after, relieving the tension.

"Dustin, do you copy?" she asked, her voice sounded on edge even through the radio, that's never a good sign. Alex subconsciously edged closer to Max as they walked the halls.

"Yeah, i copy," He replied quickly, his voice a little more relaxed.

"So, Nancy's a genius. Vecna's first victims date back all the way to 1959," Robin explained to them, Alex just sighed, why did these things like Hawkins so much, surely it can't be that interesting for them in a random town in the middle of Indiana, "Her shot in the dark was a bullseye,"

"Okay, that's totally bonkers, but i can't talk right now," Dustin responded, basically panting from the quick walking.

"Wait, what are you doing?" Robin asked.

"Breaking and entering school," Dustin responded as if it was the most casual thing he had done. "To retrieve confidential and extremely personal files." he finished, not realising that he sounded literally insane.

"Woah, can you repeat that?" Robin asked as if she was confirming she heard him right.

"Just get your ass over here stat." Dustin replied quickly, "We'll explain everything then," Dustin said, sliding down the antenna before they got a response. Max reached into her pocket and unlocked the door, the creepy feeling skyrocketing as the door creaked open.

Max walked in first but Alex was close behind, wanting to read the notes the stupid counsellor had written about her during their meetings. Everyone filled in behind the pair, shining their torches around the room in curiosity.

"It's like a mini-watergate or something," Dustin comments, walking around the small area of room. Max opened the filing cabinet to look for Chrissy's file while Alex seared for her own.

A HA.

There it was, a nice thick bulk labelled with her name. She grabbed it and moved to the side, scanning her eyes over it.

"Holy shit!" Max exclaimed, two files in hand.

"Yeah, and not just Chrissy's file. Fred was seeing Ms Kelly too," Max told them all, making Steve and Dustin freeze from shock, surely there is a correlation there.

"What the fuck!" Alex shouted, slamming her file on the cabinet, the other three turned to her expectantly thinking she had extra information that could help them, "She thinks I'm emotionally and mentally unstable!"

"She isn't wrong," Steve muttered, putting the file back into the cabinet as the others nodded in agreement with him, "And.. that doesn't matter right now."