27

IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END!!!

Trigger warning: Triggering topics mentioned, death, mentions of PTSD.

----Before I could answer, a harsh knock was at the door. I went to the door and when I opened it my heart dropped.-----

"C-Chief Park? What are you doing here?" I said extremely nervously. "I came to check up on you and see how you are doing. May I come inside?" he said. I nodded and welcomed him in. He sat in the living and I brought him a glass of water. He drank some then spoke, "I see you are doing well Y/N, why haven't you been cleared yet?" he asked. "I am not sure.." I said though I fully knew the reason. "Y/n, I know you haven't met with the therapist since the first week." whelp. " I-" "You don't have to give me a reason as to why you haven't gone, but answer me this. Don't you miss being at the hospital?" I stayed quiet. "Of course I do. I miss it a lot. I want to go back." "Well. Then what's stopping you from coming back?" "It's hard. I-" "HOW?! Everyone else has gotten over it? Why can't you just forget," he said. Suddenly I felt very angry and annoyed. "Why can't I just forget?! Like if I haven't tried! Oh yeah, let me just forget all the people who lost their lives. Let me forget almost losing my fiancé. Let me forget I was shot and almost died as well. Chief, let me just forget that the person behind this is out there living their life while I'm in fear for mine. Not only mine but my family as well. Every night I lie awake reliving and remembering everything that happened. Chief you may have gotten a different experience but you have no right on telling me to just get over it." I said with tears down my face at this point.

It was silent for quite some time. "Is there anything else you'd like to say chief?" He stayed silent. "Y/n, I know you can't get over it. I understand. I asked someone to come. If you don't want to speak to me anymore that's fine. At least have a word with them." He said and opened the door revealing the therapist. The chief left without saying another word. But I saw a tear fall out of his eye.

" Hi miss y/n, in case you forgot I'm Suzy. Now before we start, I want to let you know I told Mr. Park to tell you all that. So don't hate him, hate me." She said. "Well then your not a good therapist by telling me that," I said annoyed and angry. "Miss y/n, oftentimes people avoid talking about their issues and hold them in. Sometimes, it helps others see how you truly feel. Yes, it's messed up. Yes, it's not the right way to treat someone. But it was the only way I could. You avoided everything and only answered today. But I felt you needed a push so I asked Mr. Park to help me." She said. "Why don't you tell me and I can help you. Yes, what happened you might ever forget. But I can help you." I stared at her. She looked at me and took out a notebook and was waiting for me to talk. After about two hours, she talked with me and gave me some advice but it did feel better having told someone how I felt. On her way out she turned to me and said, "you're not cleared yet, but you have just taken the first step." She smiled and left.

After She left, I decided to call the chief and ask if we could meet. We met at a nearby café and it was already 3 pm. He walked in and sat across, we both got something to drink and it was silent. I decided to break the ice, "I'm sorry for lashing out after what you said. I just.." "it's okay. You didn't know." He said. "I know but still I crossed the line," I said. "Y/N, when you said I didn't know what you experience.... you're absolutely right. I didn't see what you saw. Would you like to hear my experience.. only if you want to hear it no pressure." he said. I nodded. "I remember seeing you... I saw you and Taehyung both get hurt. Both are on the verge of dying along with the deaths of others. However, There was one person who I simply can't forget. It was a little girl who was there for a different reason, mild bronchitis..... she was supposed to leave that same night .... but was accidentally hit. She didn't make it and her face still runs in my mind. I understand what you're feeling." He said as he wiped his tears. "I'm sorry chief..." "It's okay just know I completely understand how you feel. Also, Don't call me chief just Jinyoung is fine. You make me feel old." He chuckled. He was paged and soon had to leave. "I have to go now but, I hope to see you back to work soon." He said. "You will just take some time." I said, "Take all the time you need." He said and left.

Once I got home, I decided to start cooking dinner and began to think and was just processing everything. Shortly after I just continued to cook. It was around 6:00 pm when I finished cooking and when I heard the door handle jiggle along with footsteps coming inside. I looked up and saw a tired yet smiling Taehyung. "Hey, how was work?" I asked. "Good, and how are you?" He asked. "Good, let's eat dinner," I said. He smiled and nodded. He sat down and we talked about our days. We cleaned up and went to bed. For once it felt like everything went back to the way it was.

—End of 27

A/N: Hello everyone just wanted to post and check-in! I know this chapter might've been a bit rough and I apologize for it. Also just want to say this book might end soon. not too sure yet. Slowly losing ideas but if you have any let me know! I will take them into consideration. lastly, I am going to start a new book on stray kids(on Wattpad but will also post on Tumblr) in case you guys want to check it out. I haven't posted anything yet but I will probably post something this weekend! Thank you so much for all the love and support!!