twenty-three

The bass from the Dj table was amazing. It's Saturday night and I'm currently with everyone, working.

As I was making a drink, I looked to see Colby walking in with someone following behind him.

He looked familiar, I just couldn't put my finger on it. I smiled whenever he came over to my section of the bar.

I handed the guy his drink while I looked over at Colby. I leaned over the bar so I could hear him better.

"Shouldn't you be packing for Chernobyl?" I ask teasingly. They have to leave the day after tomorrow.

They're going to be gone for a week and a half and I was going to miss the shit out of him.

"Yeah, but I wanted you to meet Nate." That's where I recognize the guy.

He's one of Colby's best friends from high school that's been in a couple of his videos.

I smiled towards him and shook his hand. "Can I get you two anything to drink?" I ask even though I know Colby's.

They told me what they wanted so I made it for them. Once done, they both took the drinks and handed me their cards.

I put a tab on their cards and gave them back. "So, you're the one Colby talks about." Nate speaks up.

I blush while looking at the brunette. "Hopefully it's all good things." I smile to myself.

Nate put the cup to his lips and nodded his head. He took his shot and looked at me in surprised.

"Good, isn't it?" Colby asked while Nate nodded his head.

I went ahead and made him another one. They said they were ordering an Uber so they wouldn't have to drive.

They sat at the bar for a few hours, talking and drinking together. They started talking about high school memories.

I would listen in whenever I would get the chance. It was interesting hearing their stories from years ago.

They drank here for a couple hours, but ended up leaving to go back home. When we closed, I helped clean everything up.

"I think I'm gonna go over to Colby's, make sure he's okay." I announce to Peyton while Luke locks everything up.

"That's fine, I'm gonna go over to Zanders." She tells me. Good, she won't be alone.

Once everything is locked up and we share our goodbyes, we make our separate ways.

I drive over to Colby's, listening to music on the way there. I pull up to the house to see the lights on.

I'm not surprised they're still up. When I walk in, I could hear laughter from the living room.

I go in there to see Sam, Colby, and Nate in there. Nate and Colby were drunk and laying on the couch.

"Looks like someone's in a good mood." I announce. All three of them looked over at me.

"How much have they had to drink?" Sam asked laughing. I sigh while thinking about it.

"Too much." I shortly tell him. Colby slowly sat up on the couch.

He opened his arms up towards me. "Baby, I want a hug." He pouted. I sigh and go over towards him.

"Why don't I help you get into bed?" I ask him. He nods his head and stands up.

He almost falls over so I swiftly wrapped my arm around his torso.

"My legs feel like noodles." He laughed a little bit. I just shook my head while dragging him up the stairs.

When I take him up to his room, I take him to his bed. "It's fucking hot."