Chapter 5:Ah, this brings back memories

The operation against the shaman was both a succes and a failure. They have cleansed the forest of the demonic beasts and brought back all the children alive, but the shaman used that chance to make their escape.

The mansion was uncharacteristicaly silent today, which did not bother Zenon in the least. He did actually enjoy a bit of silence.

It was to be expected, usually it was Subaru that was the noisiest out of the bunch and he wasn't here. He left with Roswal, Emilia and Rem to this Royal Selection.

He was asked if he wanted to come by Rem, the girl seemed to have gained some sort of admiration for him because of him pretty much saving her life qnd because of how strong he was. However, he saw no reason to go. He does know that this needs to be important to decide who will rule this country, but he couldn't care less.

The only nation he cares about is the Spade Kingdom. And because there's no Spade Kingdom here, he doesn't care about any sort of nation.

But he did find it strange that he didn't saw Ram. At this time she'd be busy slacking off from her work. He half-expected the maid to be actually looking for him to give her usual snide remarks.

However, he does have an idea of where she was. He felt the fluctuation of mana from Ram and many other individuals from the forest. As he thought to investigate that annoying woman's voice was heard in his head.

Echidna:Oh? Now this is interesting.

Zenon:Do you know something about this.

Echidna:Why, is a atack from the fabled Witch Cult.

Zenon:What, they know that you're pestering me?

Echidna:Now, now. They have no way of knowing that and even though they are called the Witch Cult they only worship the Witch of Envy, Satella. Me qnd the rest don't get so much attention these days. It qlso look like a Archbishop is with them.

Zenon:Archbishop?

Echidna:Let's see...you can think of them as one of those Magic Knight Captains. The only reason I can think of them atacking the mansion is the fact that your half-elf friend is practicaly q carbon copy of Satella in appearence.

Zenon:...Friend?

Echidna:Ah, I forgot. You're really not used to human relationships.

Zenon:But a Magic Knight Captain, huh?...Alright, I think I should use it.

Ram has located the Witch Cult's base and began slaughtering the disgusting fanatics. Things went well...until they didn't. In her deffense, she didn't expect to face a Archbishop.

The Archbishop was a old man wearing the usual Witch Cult robe. He had gray skin with green hair and black eyes. His name was Petelgeuse Romance-Conti.

Petelgeuse:Love! Love! Love! What a great love you're showing! Your great affection has spotted the desire to endlessly slaughter us! But

Petelgeuse:Love! Love! Love! What a great love you're showing! Your great affection has spotted the desire to endlessly slaughter us! But...now you're patheticaly panting on the ground. That is...How...How slothful!