To Ask For Forgiveness...

Must read before continuing

TRIGGER(S) WARNING:

The following book/s will contain triggers some readers may wish to avoid. By reading you agree to acknowledge these terms and take responsibility for your own mental state.

This book is completely fictional, it in no way represents BigHit or Bangtan. It's written for entertainment purposes only.

Co Written and edited by PolariTae. 

©SeVen Uncaged Copyright 2022 Missing_Min_MeowMeow 

& PolariTae

___________________________________

“And here is a diagram for their ear canals. Feel free to take a photo, but make sure your flash is off.” The instructor tapped his pointer stick to the projection, circling the anatomical image of a cat hybrid. “All Homo Animalium—or Hybrids—of the mammalian family have similar canals, so don’t worry if you don’t have a cat species.”

You did as suggested, taking a quick snap of the photograph before preparing your notes, watching the little metal stick glide over the tracks of tubes leading from the brain before splitting off into the different ears; the image starting to look more like the downtown highway than a hybrid’s head.

“As you can see, the Eustachian tubes—which filter debris and pressure—connect down here,” the relatively young looking professor motioned to where two green tubes combined near the back of the neck, “and the auditory channels containing the cochlear nerves connect at the base of the brain before the nerves themselves branch off into the temporal lobe.”

“Excuse me.” A hand raised into the air, cutting the instructor off before the perpetrator—some haughty ravenette with a messy bun—carried on with her question, snapping her gum loud enough for you to hear from across the room. “Where’s the snail’s head in the animal ears?”

The instructor, taking her rudeness in stride, smiled as he adjusted his glasses before gesturing to the human-like ears. “Very astute, miss. The ‘snails head’ you are referring to is called the Vestibular Labyrinth. It’s a collection of cells and fluids that give us our sense of position—or rather—our equilibrium. Homo Animalium originally developed with both sets. However, due to natural selection, their systems bred it out because of how it impacted their ability to survive.” A grin formed on the gentleman’s face as he coughed nervously into his fist. “So they essentially looked like a bunch of wasted college students on a Friday night.”

A round of giggles echoed through the room before he carried on, adjusting his glasses in satisfaction over the kind reception of his joke. He was nice, albeit a bit nerdy, you thought absently, too tired and distracted to focus on any more over-complicated ear talk. You hadn’t been sleeping well, finding yourself waking at all hours of the night, getting a snack from the kitchen before doing some work on your laptop. Sometimes you worried you would wake Taehyung up, who had taken to sleeping on your bed instead of his air mattress, but he never did stir. So you would work for a few hours, then attempt sleeping until you were forced to give up and get ready to head to the office.

You were in the process of doodling circles into your notes when the slide suddenly changed to that of a rabbit hybrid’s anatomy, sending a twinge of pain through your nervous system, bringing you back to the instructor’s lesson.