Chapter 14

Chase's words were still lingering in my head even if he had already left hours ago. I was rolling myself to the sides as I'm unable to sleep. I'm still sore down there but the pain is now manageable than earlier.

I know I should feel hurt by the way he acted up but my mind is too clouded with what he said. If I'd read between the lines, I'd think that he likes me. That he has feelings for me. I don't want to make any assumptions when it comes to him, but that's what I feel.

But could it be? Could it be possible for him to develop some feelings for me within the short span of time that he got to know me? Isn't it too fast for us? How much time does a person need to conclude he has feelings for someone?

I can use myself as an example. In the span of time that I've known him, I know that I have developed feelings for him deeper than just mere attraction.

And what does he mean that he needs me to be patient with him? About the demons inside him that he only learnt how to tame the moment she met me? I can't seem to understand what he meant by that. Does he have any problems?

"Can't you sleep, Aunt Tanya? You've been moving a lot for hours." Reil asked with a hoarse voice.

I glanced at him. The dim light from the lamp shade was hitting a small part of his face. I smiled upon staring at his cuteness. His eyes still closed and just got interrupted by my every move.

"Sorry. Go back to sleep, Reil. I promise I won't be reckless anymore." I smiled inwardly.

He then faced me and hugged me. I placed my hand behind his back and snuggled against his little body. I was about to close my eyes when I heard my phone beep. It's surely a text from someone. I carefully removed my hands from Reil's body and reached for my cellphone placed above the bedside table.

I feel like from being drowsy, my insides were again suddenly awakened by the mere sight of Chase's name on the screen.

Chase: Love the smell of your hair on my pillow. Makes me want to see you again.

I smiled while still feeling giddy reading his message. I was about to respond when another message from him popped up.

Chase: Can I see you, baby?

I bit my lower lip. My palm suddenly feels cold as I typed a message.

Me: How?

Chase: Let's video call.

I immediately opened my data connection. I stood up from the bed walking cautiously because Reil might wake up again and end up disturbing his sleep completely.

I went to the veranda. I saw that the lights on my mom's room are already off which means she's already asleep. It's already midnight and she would usually sleep around ten in the evening as she wakes up early as well.

I sat on the bamboo chair. As soon as I settled myself, I heard the notification tone of my messenger indicating an incoming call. I put the phone in front of me and answered Chase's call.

Chase's handsome face greeted me. He's lying flatly on his stomach while looking at the camera. I can see his smooth neck down his collarbone. I can even have a glimpse of his chest. I can't help to think about what happened between us. I've got to witnessed how godly and perfect his body is. Even his Hebrew tattoo was making me drool over him.

"Why are you still awake?" he asked, his voice raspy.

"I was about to sleep when you texted."

"I'm sorry. Do you want to sleep now?"

I gave him a small smile. "It's okay. Why did you call?"

I saw him grab a black pillow and lie on it sideways. He placed the camera in a position where I could see him properly. I even saw his black sheets slightly crumpled. I was just lying there a while ago. I don't know how many times my fingers clutched on that sheet just to get some strength for I was totally shaking because of the intensity Chase was giving me.

Chase bit his lower lip. I looked down there but immediately looked up to his face when I saw him staring at me.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"I-I'm fine."

"Still sore?"

My cheeks flushed the moment I saw the ghost of smirk on his lips.

"A bit. But not that much."

"That's good to hear. I was supposed to make you feel comfortable after hurting you. I'm sorry."

I wanted to ask him if he has any problems, or if something's been bothering him but I feel it's too personal and I don't want to cross my boundaries.

"I know you didn't mean to be rude earlier. I want you to know that I also liked what happened between us."

He bit his lip and slowly nodded his head. "How's your first experience?"

I pouted. "Why are you even asking me? It's already uncomfortable as it is."

I saw the corner of his lips form a smirk. "Turn the lights on."

"W-Why?"

"Wanna see your face. I bet you're blushing right now."

Shame crawled up to my chest hearing what he said. It's a good thing that only my mom's Christmas lights are the only lights left open. The entire space is dim and my face doesn't have enough light reflecting on the screen of my cellphone.

"Chase..." I said whimpering.

He chuckled with a hoarse and deep voice. "Just kidding. I still prefer your face when you're pleasured."

I took a deep breath. Within the short span of time that I get to know Chase, I knew that he's the kind of man who doesn't control the words that come out of his mouth. He doesn't have filter. He's too straight forward. For someone like me who's inexperienced and not used to these conversation, I admit I would rather have to be eaten by the ground.

Chase and I talked for a while. The Chase I'm talking to seem to be different from the same Chase I saw earlier. All I could see was how serious he was with a little bit of playfulness. I really find him adorable when he has his smirk plastered on his face because he always makes my heart flutter at that simple gesture. I admit that he looks really handsome when he's smiling. But honestly, he's more handsome when he's furious.

"Aunt Tanya, Uncle Rich said yesterday that we will play PS4 today. Can I go there?"

I looked at Reil from drinking my coffee. He is sitting innocently while eating his sandwich.

"Did you see Uncle Rich yesterday?"

"Yup! I was in the veranda when he saw me. He even told me that we can play computer games today if you will allow me to."

I gave him a small smile. I haven't seen Rich in a while because from what Aunt Fely told me, he is fixing papers needed before going back to work. I heard her telling my mom about it one time she saw her.

"Of course you can. While you are there I will go and help mom in the market, is that okay?"

A gigantic smile spread across his pinkish lips. "No problem. And oh! Uncle Rich was asking me about you. He asked me how you are."

"He's asking how am I doing?" I asked back.

"Yes, Aunt Tanya. Why do you look surprised? Aren't you and Uncle Rich friends?"

Are we even friends? I don't know. We are civil whenever we see each other but we seldom talk. He acknowledges me but it doesn't mean we're that close to be considered as friends.

"W-We're friends. I'll drop you there later."

He shook his head and bore his eyes on me. "No need, Aunt Tanya. He said he'll pick me up instead."

I nodded as a response. "Alright then. What time? Let's get you dressed then."

As if on cue, I heard a couple of knocks from the main door. We both looked at it. I stood up and opened the door. Rich's fresh and handsome face greeted me. He smiled at me.

He looked like he just came out from the shower because his hair is still damp and some strands are falling on his forehead. Even if I am standing a few meters from him I can still smell his fresh scent. It's a mixture of cool scent of shower and wood.

"Rich,"

His teeth gently bit a tiny part of his lips. "Morning. I'll look after Reil today. You may want to help Aunt Mercy on your store."

"Thanks. Is it fine though? Don't you have any plans for today?"

He shook his head. "I'll be free until the day after tomorrow. Reil and I can still play few days before I leave for work."

"I don't see anything wrong with that. You can play with him. He's actually happy in your care because he gets to play the things he wants to play."

"Thanks. I'll bring him back before dinner."

I nodded and smiled. "I'll shower him first. Take a seat please," I entered inside while guiding him on the living room. I can feel him following me. "Have you eaten?"

"Hmm, I'm done. I'm fine here. Take your time."

I faced him. He was about to seat down with a small smile on his face. He's extra different today. He smiles more often and doesn't look snob anymore. Maybe he's in a good mood?

"Alright, just a moment."

I asked Reil to come with me inside the room and bathe him. When he's all dressed up he immediately went to Rich who was waiting patiently at the living room and they both left going to their house. I went straight to the market, I didn't even bother informing my mom about it. I was almost near our stall when I suddenly stopped on my tracks.

My eyes wen wide when I saw Chase on our stall, aiding my mom in selling meat products. He's moving smoothly while wearing a plain black V-neck shirt and dark blue jeans. He's wearing a black apron too, it's mine. My mom is even smiling like they're both having a great time talking at each other.

There are lots of customers, mostly women of course. I'm not even surprised as I know it was because of Chase's presence. But what is he doing here? Why is he here again in our stall helping my mom?

I was playing with my lips while approaching to their direction. Chase's menacing eyes suddenly met mine. His lips twisted upon seeing me. I entered the small entrance of our stall and stood beside him. My mom didn't notice my presence because of assisting some customers.

"What are you doing here Chase?" I asked whispering, making sure it's just the two of us hearing it.

"Helping your mum, I guess?"

I pouted at his sarcasm. But why? He doesn't have any obligation to help us anyway. We're not his responsibility. I don't recall ever telling him he has to do this?

"But why?"

He dropped the plastic he's holding and turned to face me. His eyes went to my lips for a couple of seconds before fixing it to mine. Not long enough when he looked straight while tilting his head towards me.

"Your man needs to make some good shots," he said and then gave me a sexy glance. "I have to court your mother first before you."