How can I be so stupid?

A week later

Owen's P.O.V.

"What? No...No...No... That can't be true!" I was terrified.

"But it is honey," Jenny said as she moved some rolls of fabric. Not sparing me a look. Everyone in the boutique was working hard, running in every direction. They were not sparing a glance at the world outside of the fabric, sewing machine, and things that are needed to make clothes. There were rows and rows of suits and gowns hanging in a corner some were packed in bags. All the people looked stressed and they looked like they were not having enough sleep for a week, they were literally living on the coffee.

Jenny too looked the same. Unlike every day when she is perfectly dressed, looks fresh with perfectly done make-up with no make-up look, and to top it all up her perfectly styled hair. But she looked like a completely different person. Her skin was pale, she had ginormous dark circles, she was wearing a hoodie and track pants and they were covered with stains. And her hair they were going in every direction.

"Come on I know you must have something left. Some suits in the storage?" I was pleading with her.

"Sold them a week ago," she said coldly completely focused on her work. Not looking at me at all.

"Then what about the backups?"

"Already sold."

"What about returned pieces?"

"Sold."

"What about defected pieces? I'll take anything." I was almost on my knees now.

"Sold," she said slamming her hands on the desk. "Look, Owen. You know I would help you if I could. But I can't do anything. I'd make a new suit for you if I had time but it would be a miracle if I could finish all these orders before the ball." she added and then started pushing me towards the gates. "Sorry, but I don't have time to chat with you. Please find someone else or order something online," she said and slammed the door in my face.

I'm screwed. Fuck. I should have listened to mom and Hailey. How can I be so stupid?

"You're stupid because you are stupid. That's it. There is no reason. You are just stupid." Vlad said mocking me. He was laughing so hard that he almost cried.

"Well, You know who is throwing this ball, right?" I asked with the look that the teacher gives you when you give a wrong answer for the fifth time when she asked you an MCQ with four options.

"yes. Jason" he replied in a duh tone.

"And if I don't dress up, who will see me like that?" I asked with the same expression.

"The entire town and some people from our alliances." he was still laughing.

"AAAANNNNNDDDDD..." I said it harmonically.

"And who..." he paused for a second. He has still not got the point and he was calling me stupid. Then he gasped loudly and I could see shock and horror in his eyes.

"AND..." I asked again.

"And... Jason." He was still shocked. If I was not tense because of the situation I would die laughing because of the face he made. "YOU BETTER FIND SOMETHING NICE TO WEAR. I'M NOT SHOWING UP LOOKING LIKE GARBAGE IN FRONT OF OUR MATE," he said and disappeared.

Wow...that asshole. I can't believe he just disappeared like that. I was gonna make hah! The jokes on your face. 'But as it has been taken care of now Owen think about what you are gonna wear for the ball.' I said to myself.

And then I remembered. Jess's friend in the human town. He makes amazing clothes. And I could not describe how relieved I felt. Without thinking twice I went to the dark wood. I entered the heaven that he created by jumping into the lake or the image of the lake as always and then I went to his house. He was standing in front of the front door on the porch.