james

It happened fast.

Moony had told me that Scarlett did see the kiss happen and that she seemed disappointed, but that she didn't exactly say it.

I had to see Scarlett, I didn't want her to think that I had abandoned her, but I was happy we won the first game of the year.

Peter had pulled me into a hug as Scarlett went with Madam Pomfrey. I was going to follow behind when Lily kissed me.

Lily. Her hands were cold on my face and she actually smashed her lips on mine, hurting my lip a bit. At first I liked it, she was a girl I dreamt about kissing for years. She was the girl of my dreams, quite literally. But as her lips stayed on mine - I knew why dreams shouldn't always come true.

I was caught of guard at the whole thing. I remember pulling away from her and not even giving her a second look as I saw Fabian follow closely behind Scarlett with Madam Pomfrey.

Marlene had told me to piss off and to not follow them or else she'd 'twist my nuts'. I had to lounge in the common room for hours to wait until Marlene came back to go.

I walked into the room, heading towards Scarlett's bed where Fabian fucking Prewitt was, sitting on a chair as she laid in bed.

They were looking at each other with wide eyes and strange expressions. Breathing heavily as a smile grew on his face. Something was off.

I cleared my throat, both their heads turning to look at me, taken by surprise.

"Hi" I said, eyes flickering between the both us. I was trying to figure out what they had just done looking so frazzled.

"I'll uhm-" Fabian paused, standing up and kissing Scarlett on the cheek, whispering something in her ear that made her smile as brightly as I ever saw. "I'll come back later"

"Ok" She said, breathing out as he walked past me.

"See you mate" Fabian said, grabbing my shoulder and walking off.

"You two seem cozy" I said, not stepping closer to her and staying a few feet away from her bed.

"Like you and Lily?" She chuckled, looking at her bed.

"I didn't-" I paused, running a hand through my hair and walking next to the bed, sitting on the chair that Prewitt was sitting on. "I didn't kiss her, she kissed me, she caught me off guard"

"I don't care" She said, laying her head back on the headboard. "You're not my boyfriend"

"Right" I softly said, crossing my hands together, leaning forward and looking at the ground.

"Did you like it?" She asked, making my eyes snap at her. "I'm only asking as a friend"

"No" I quickly said, not looking away. Her eyes were closed as she quietly hummed. "How are you feeling?"

"Madam Pomfrey repaired my bones rather quick - just four hours of pain, no biggie" She opened her eyes, looking at the bedside table, where a small little vial of sleeping draught was. "I have to drink that later"

"I need a sip" I sighed, leaning back in my chair. I looked at Scarlett, who only chuckled and shook her head, looking at me. "I was scared"

"Why?"

"Your broom was going mental" I scoffed. "I thought you could've died"

"Don't be so dramatic" She rolled her eyes, laughing a bit.

"Do you know who could've messed with your broom?" I asked, thinking it couldn't have just been a simple malfunction, someone had to have messed with her broom.