Chapter 29

Her Pov

Penelope Davis

When he spilled his seed deep inside me, the thoughts running through my mind were that I wanted to have his release on my lips and not down there. However crazy, they were true. The earlier taste of his c*m has me wanting for more.The idea of a sudden  procreation, pregnancy and a pup not even on my mind.

Him apologizing, has me come out of my daze because I had been enjoying our proximity too much. The closeness brought me utmost bliss to my earlier loner life.

I just stare at him, my stupid brain is just not processing anything other than my intense orga*m. I get up and his dick slides out of me and I take the support of the tub to steady my wobbly legs and foggy mind. I reach the shower which is still on and let the water clean my body up.

After a few minutes I sense him standing behind me. His hands massage my back and send positive thoughts through the bond. I turn to face him and my eyes lock his and the emotions transcend through and through.

"I will definitely take the human birth control pill today, but whatsoever happens I am not angry." I tell him this while I hug his left shoulder. His breathing slows down after I say this. "Let's go, eat some breakfast, I am starving.  We need to get out of this house too. The pack members must be wondering about your absence and definitely missing you." I tell him.

I deflect the topic knowing how well the human birth control may work in this complicated heat of shewolves.

He wraps a towel around both of us and heads to the closet to take two shirts and shorts out. He gets dressed outside the room, just like before and I wrap another towel around my hair and wear those clothes quickly.

I badly want to wear more women clothes, but my bag is at his office, plus I only packed one pair of clothes which will not be enough, I reckon. I don't think I want to leave from here. Not just yet.

I find him in the kitchen. He has the breakfast going, I am zoned out, but so is he. We don't talk much, I keep the dishes in the sink and he informs that he is going out to get my bag and few other necessities. He pecks my head and leaves with his car keys in his fingers. He does ask me to stay here, in his house until he comes back. Typical.

I get to cleaning the dishes whilst trying to contact my father who must be worried about me. He replies in one second and admonishes me for sending just one word replies to all of his questions. "I am fine dad, happy actually.  My heat started so I was wrapped up with that." I tell him.

'Wrapped up with Micajah' My wolf winks.

"Oh" now he reacts with just one word answers.

"I am actually thinking about staying with Micajah for a few days. I would love to know his pack and his family members. Send my message to Aunty and tell her I will call her soon and not to miss me too much. How is my dear brother handling his new duties?" I ask deflecting the tense light on me.

My dad replies with a laugh, "I rarely see him at home, dear, both of them are working very hard. I am proud of them and I am proud of you. You seem to have opened up to Micajah, you are giving Micajah a chance, I am sure your mother would be happy and would have welcomed your new mate with open arms."  He cuts the link after this. I know he is emotional after mentioning my mother.

So am I though, I drink some water and sit on the couch in his living room, the glass in my hand as I lower my head and bring my knees to my stomach, my mother's face the only thing on my mind. "Mamma help me in this new journey that I am on, I don't have you beside me but I know in my heart that Micajah will take care of me, is my true mate and will help me grow. He is already changing me so much. Shine you light on me mommsy, I love you. I miss you so damn much. Forgive me and please please keep your hand on my forehead always and forever." I plead.

I say all of this out loud, my pleading is almost growling, the emotion too palpable and my eyes are closed from the fear.

My mate silently takes the glass out of hands and places it on the table in front of us. He kneels down to my height, is when I first notice him, the facade breaking and I take his face in and the worry in his eyes. My bag is lying next to him and the table.

"Don't hold back, P, let it go" he says and so I cry as he cups my face and rests our foreheads together.

I begin to spit the last part of my blotched past, my mother and her death, the ultimate last string of Xavier's doing. " The devil took my mother away from me and my brother,  took a wife away from a husband and a wonderful Luna from the pack." I tell Micajah.

"After our Alpha and Luna ceremony, my mother somehow found out about Xavier, his plan and how he was a fraud, how he tricked me, drugged me, so she confronted him, tried to stop him and that basta*d murdered my mother in black and white, with no regret or remorse, in front of me. I watched my mother breathe her last as I laid there on the concrete unable to move, unable to save her." I sob, I hit my shoulders, close my eyes and fight Micajah to release me from his death grip.

"Xavier killed her in cold blood, with his claws", I sob.

All these wounds are still open, I have healed in some way, have not in other.
That's the reason I  couldn't face my dad  and my pack. My stupid teenage love or infatuation cost me everything.

I continue to lament, eyes closed and  breathing his scent. He says nothing. His hands massage my back and caress my hair.

We lay just like that for some time, his strong arms hold me. I always thought I would vomit this truth, to anyone who already doesn't know, very angrily. The narrative would be wild and high. I would be rambling and hurting myself as I voice my reality.

On the contrary, here I am in a nest made by my mate, softly letting him in on my worst truth, the last glass which shatters definitely makes the least noise.

He carries me to his bed where I lay down like the fragile bird I am and eat icecream which he feeds me. Few hours go by and it's almost lunch time now,
is when he receives a call.

He hops off the bed and answers the call a few feet away from me.

"Good Afternoon Alpha Callum, I was about to call you, but something urgent came up. How is the situation at your pack?" Micajah asks very calmly.

I can't hear his replies but Micajah looks tense. His expression is changing.

He says, "I will send it as soon as possible. Don't worry, they all will be fine. I will speak with my Beta and arrange everything. Have faith Alpha. I will speak with you soon." He cuts the call and returns to my side with an expression on his face that I can't decipher.

We have known each other for way less to understand each other's moods and facial expressions. Time will do that and I must be observant all along.

I caress his hand, not knowing the reason for his worrisome face but want him to know that I will be here. He has me. The broken mate, the almost humanized mate who he must train and make worthy of him.

My overthinking continues just as the silence between us increases. He is in deep thought, rooted to his spot and frown on his face just like before.

I take a note and go downstairs to find my bag so that I could atleast change into my clothes. I wear a jeans and a top because those are the only ones that I bought here with me. I keep his used clothes in the laundry basket and come out of the bathroom.

I see him on his mobile phone engrossed in a conversation and my insecurities start taking stem. Now that the heat is over and all the mystery about me is out and about, is he rethinking our matebond or its just normal for weres. I need to talk to people, fellow werewolves, she wolves and have them give me some details about all of this.

So I plan to meet Natalie, the talkative Beta's mate. She will definitely have a lot to say.

1545+ words,

Love,
A