II. | TWO

hi hi, ik it's only chapter 2 but this chapter
has mentions of somewhat internalized homophobia (?). if that topic may be triggering and/or upsetting to you, i suggest you don't read ahead.

stay safe and ily <3

・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

Klaus led the group downtown to a hotel. They all shoved into one slot of the revolving doors, thudding against the panels as the seven of them were crammed in.

"We did not have to be squeezed in like that." Allison sighed as the door reached the inside of the hotel.

"There were two entrances, by the way." Five grimaced as he stepped out.

"Oh, Hotel Obsidian. I missed you, you slutty old dame." Klaus put his arms out, speaking to the group, "Absorb her. Absorb her into your bosom. You know, back in her heyday, she played host to world leaders. Roosevelt, Gandhi, Stalin, Gorbachev, Castro, King Olaf of Norway, one of the Kim Jongs, Tito, Dalai Lama, Elvis, and not one, but two Kardashians, allegedly."

Allison rolled her eyes and walked off, "I gotta make a call."

"Well, nowadays, she's just a flophouse, a party house, for those of us not looking to be judged by society's rules and norms."

"You mean a place to hide?" Y/n sighed, crossing her arms.

"Exactly! It's perfect! And the best part is, she's gonna look after us, no questions asked."

They all glanced around the lobby to see people looking at them, judging almost. Klaus finally led them up to the front desk, ringing the bell as the receptionist turned to them. There was a dog bed with a pug sitting in it that Y/n approached to pet. The dog leaned its face along her right hand that produced her fire.

Klaus gasped, "Chet! Mon frère! It's so great to see you. I'd like my usual suite, por favor."

"I've never seen you here before." He deadpanned.

"See? Told you. Discreet."

"Please stop scaring my dog." He told Y/n and Diego and they took slow steps back from the desk.

"We need some rooms please." Vanya spoke up from the back.

"Super. How will you be paying today?"

"... Fine. Empty your pockets." Luther sighed.

Eight pulled out a nearly emptied pack of gum, some lose coins, and a plastic spoon.

"This is all I have." She shrugged as everyone else held their items out.

"A plastic spoon?" Vanya inquired, some mints in her hand.

"I really don't know how that got in my pockets."

"Put the knife away!" Luther whispered harshly while shoving Diego's hand down.

"Can't exchange these for cash." Klaus whispered, holding a stack of condoms.

"Why do I have a hairnet?" Luther questioned, looking at his wrist. "Oh, what does this get us?"