58. The Other Universe

With Matteo

The 12 year old woke up with a gasp yet again as he looked around the now church looking room. The boy scrunched his face in confusion as he looked around the room. As he looked around he noticed how everything looked to be neat and perfectly nice. "What the?.." he said to himself. He then was shocked at how he heard himself.

"I-I can hear?.." he said to himself a bit of shocked before he then clapped now hearing the sound of his clap. Matteo grinned widely before he soon chuckled. "I Can hear!" He blurted out before he stood up and started to jump around.

"Matteo." He heard a deep voice call out to him. The boy froze in place as he soon turned to look at where the voice has came from. As he looked over at the doorway he seen a tall figure appear. The boy scrunched his face before he soon recognized it was his brother, Pietro.

"B-Bubby?.." he called out speechless as he stood there shocked. The silver haired man chuckled before he nodded. "Yes Buddy. It's me. Now are you just gonna stand there or are you gonna give your brother a hug?!" He blurted out as he held his arms out. Matteo smiled widely as he soon ran straight into his arms to the point he was now sobbing. "Bubby!.. I thought I-I'd never see you a-again!" He cried out as he clung onto him.

The silver haired man chuckled sadly before he hugged Matteo. "It's okay. It's okay. I'm here now buddy. But I am very mad at you. Why are you here?! You're not supposed to be here! Not until you are way much older!" Pietro started to lecture him in a fatherly tone. Matteo just sniffled as he looked at his brother with sad eyes. "I couldn't handle the p-pain anymore..you and Wanda where gone.. i felt a-so alone.." he said sadly. Pietro just sighed sadly before he looked at his brother in the eyes. "Wanda isn't here. She's still alive.. the universe has plans. But it always makes the worst plans." Pietro stated.

Matteo was a bit confused at how Wanda wasn't here, he then realized that the blip now didn't actually kill everyone after all. "Oh no.." he said sadly before he cupped his hands over his mouth. "See.. but theres nothing you can do now.. all we can do is watch down below of what happens.." he said as he rubbed the boys back. Matteo frowned before he soon leaned into the warmth of his brother.

He then had a thought pop up in his head. "Uh.. Bubby?.." he called out. "Hm? What is it?" He asked as he looked down at his little brother. "What do you think Wanda will do?.." he asked as he fiddled with his fingers. The young man chuckled a bit before he stopped him from fiddling with his fingers. "You are just like Wanda.. but I honestly don't know. Only time will tell what she will do." He said as he patted his head. Matteo did a little hum before he remembered something.

"Hey Bubby? Uh.. before I woke up here. I was with Wanda.. and she had her brown hair back.. she was telling me that family is forever.. and she looked happy.. and I was happy.. i alps could hear perfectly fine.. was that all a dream before I woke up in here?" Matteo asked as he looked into his brothers blue eyes. Pietro scrunched his face in confusion "Hm. I guess you where in your other you." He stated as he rubbed his chin. Matteo raised a brow and tilted his head. "The other m-me?.." he asked to make sure that's what he said. Pietro nodded and looked at him "yeah. The other you. We have other versions of us. And I think that's just us in other universes. But yeah. It's you but in a different timeline. I watch or go and watch through other version of me sometimes. So far I live a happy life with you both. And in one version you where actually Wanda's son. In fact your her youngest son. God. That was a happy day for everyone. Her two older sons. Me her and Vision. We where all happy. I just hope nothing bad happens to them at all." Pietro explained. "Really?" Matteo asked with full of curiosity.

"Yep. But that's us in different universes. They have their family's and friends. While we have our own. But it's nice to look over them too. To watch them live their lives how I wish we could have lived ours." Pietro stated as he soon held him close. Matteo leaned into Pietro and sighed. "I hope Wanda doesn't come up here fast.." Matteo said sadly. Pietro sighed before he kissed the top of his head. "Oh there is no way she will. She will live her life for the both of us. After everything that happened I'm sure she wants to get her life going better." He stated as he soon rubbed his back. Matteo just hummed in response before he looked down at his hands.