Chap.28 || Decision

!!Short Chapter!!

TW:
-Blood
-Choking

"Grian's in there."

Everyone went silent.

They all couldn't believe what Scott had just said.

Scott decided to break the silence, "I'll go in there and try to get him out, if Xornoth appears I'll call for you."

Everyone silently agrees.

Scott fixes his composure before going into the spacious cave, what he saw in there made his grip on his sword tighten.

It was Xornoth, he was standing right beside Grian who now had a corrupted tentacle wrapped around his neck. He seemed to be choking a bit.

"Well hello there brother." Xornoth smiled.

Scott grit his teeth, "Let go of him."

"Now why should I?" 

"Let. Go. Of. Him." He repeated, his owl wings sprouting from behind.

Xornoth just laughed, "I'm not scared of you, or your little friends back there."

Scott froze, how did he know?

"You hermits or whatever can come out now, I know you're there."

The hermits hesitantly came out of the cave entrance and stood behind Scott, worried and shocked at Grian's state.

"You're all here! This is great, don't think you can fool me by sending my brother in first." Xornoth growled.

Everyone tensed up, they were sure he knew their plan. 

"I know your plan so don't even try." 

Everyone definitely knew that Xornoth knew their plan.

"Hand my brother to me and we'll be on good terms." 

All eyes landed on Scott, who was deep in thought.

"Unless you want to face the consequences that is." 

Scott was brought out of his thoughts, he thought they were all there to fight. Not make some sort of deal or whatever

"And that is?" He spoke up. 

Xornoth smirked, "Bird boy here suffers." He snapped his fingers and the corrupted tentacles around Grian's neck tightened. 

Grian tried to pry the tentacles off him, the chains on his wrists clanking as they hit they repeatedly hit the ground, he coughed up blood which made everyone panic. Mumbo went running to him but was stopped by Xisuma who held him by his arm. 

"So what's the answer?" 

Scott stayed silent. 

Xornoth started to get impatient, "Maybe this will make you talk." 

A rumble was heard and the roof of the cave opened as a cage of some sorts started to lower. There was a figure in the cage but no one could see who it was till the figure moved against the iron bars. 

"ISKALL?!" Everyone yelled in a panic. 

Iskall looked at everyone with wide eyes, "Guys! You're here!" 

"Whatever, you can have him back." Xornoth snapped his fingers and Iskall was teleported in front of all the hermits. Xisuma helped Iskall up and hugged him, whispering something into his ear before Iskall walked behind him towards the other hermits who hugged him and checked if he was okay.

"Hush now everyone." 

Everyone went silent. 

"If you don't turn yourself to me, bird boy will die." 

Everyone's blood ran cold. 

Scott stood and thought for a while, he was about to say something when Grian interrupted him. 

"Scott! Don't do it! I'm better of dead than you working for Xornoth and turning evil!" He cried. Everyone's heart broke at Grian's words. 

Xornoth sent Grian a glare before turning to him, "You know what happens when you don't stay quiet don't you?" He growled. "Scott is the one supposed to talk, not you." 

Grian nodded furiously before the tentacles around his neck loosened their grip a bit. 

Xornoth turned to Scott. 

"So, whats the answer Scott?" 

Scott just looked at him in worry and confusion. 

"Don't think too much brother, this is your decision after all."