One-shot #2 :)

A/N: Basically, I started playing Twisted Wonderland, came to theorise a lot of things along the way and decided to try a very ambitious series that links Maleficent (2014 & 2019) together with Descendants (2015, 2017, 2019) and Twisted Wonderland (JP 2020, EL 2022)

This is my take on how I'm merging Maleficent and Descendants. Diaval's character doesn't appear in Descendants, so...I didn't (and won't, it's very lengthy) explain much of my theory, but basically be prepared for major character death. Ik you guys will hate me but I really loved this when I wrote it, because it's a very bittersweet flavour that just hurts, but it's very deep to me.

No beta, as always. Any mistakes, please point it out.

Please enjoy, I implore you.

Here I present to you: a sneak peek of my Twisted Wonderland set. (Likely the full version will be on AO3 when it's out, this is a treat for y'all Wattpaders before I stop posting here as frequently)

———

Flames.

Green tongues that lick their way upwards.

It burns, fires that have long since escaped their cages, invincible thorns of her heart that have unravelled. 

Fires that stretch to the heavens and beyond, glorious and vengeful.

Aurora lies against Diaval, exhausted from the battle. She fought valiantly, she did — running ever so daringly into the crumbling towers, seeking out wings long lost to time and dust. 

Needless to say, her goddaughter succeeded; they soared back to her, as majestic as the day they were seized from her, carved out of her back.

The problem?

She’s rapidly losing blood and magic.

All those years…

When Stefan had initially seized them from her, he had only severed the physicality of her wings. The first few months, the bond had still been there, fluctuating, struggling to survive. Still overwhelmed by her sorrow, she had only managed to pull back as much of her magic as she could, straining her wings dry — depriving them of magic, even — just to regain her full might for exacting revenge upon him. 

They had gone sixteen years without magic, sustained only by the fragment of her soul stolen, and the residue that coated Stefan from the years he had spent in the Moors. 

Of course they would be intrigued by this sudden surge in magic.

“Godmother?” Aurora could barely hold up her eyelids as she watched the faerie falter. “Godmother…are you…alright?”

What kind of question is that? Of course she’s alright, it’s just the world—

It must be the world—

—that’s spinning…

…isn’t that so?

Diaval stretches his neck in a panic, ready to catch her, before the dragon abruptly remembers that he’s not in his human form. It would be convenient to reach his wings out, to catch her, but Aurora leans against them, and if he were to move them so quickly, it would send the poor girl flying—

His mistress’ head falls against the soil in a thud, and Aurora’s eyes close, finally succumbing to the drowsiness that has been tailing her ever since the entire fiasco at the castle.

What’s a raven to do, in a situation like this???

Diaval sighs.

Let’s hope that the earth wyrms speak Draconic, shall we?