Chapter 25

Extra update because I love you <3
Elias' POV

Uncontrollable sobs escape me.

Once I start crying, I cannot stop the waterfall of emotions from pouring out. My breathing is uneven as I try to catch my breath in between each weep.

I didn't want things to turn out like this. This wasn't how things were meant to go. Why did it have to go like this?

I weep for my lover who's probably blaming himself right now. I cry out for myself who didn't ask to be put in the middle of a feud between love and family. I sob for my parents who couldn't get to watch me grow up like they should've. I continue to cry because my parents who took me in as their own might not accept me for who I am. I bawl because I feel so alone when I've got people all around me.

Most of all, I hate myself for caring too much. I hate that I feel too much. I just want to be accepted.

My vision is blurry from my own salty tears. Wet school clothes cling onto my body from the pouring rain and my brown hair laying flat on my head. My feet hurt from crouching on the muddy ground in the middle of the forest. My arms arms wrap around myself as my body uncontrollably shakes from the cold and my sobs.

The sun is starting to set, leaving me alone in the dark, foggy forest. Slowly, my sobs begin to slow down, until I'm hiccuping with a tear stained puffy face.

Not only do I look like an absolute wreck from the outside, but I feel empty and demolished from the inside.

I take deep breaths, in and out, as I close my eyes. Eventually, I stand up on my sore feet. But the pain cannot compared to what I feel on the inside.

Tobias - I can take control if you want? You won't have to deal with it then. My wolf offers.

I appreciate the offered but still decline him.
I need to face this myself.

Tobias mentally nods to me, indicating he understands before sinking back into my mind.

Nodding to myself, I push my body forward and begin my walk. The forest is silent except for the few crickets croaking in the distance. Thankfully for my wolf vision, I'm able to make my way through the space with ease.

I'm walking for quite some time until I find my way to a familiar path. A path in which I walk daily. The path to my pack.

But seeing it now, something has changed. As if I know deep down this time I'm not walking it as if I belong to it. Part of me is with Ryder now, and it doesn't belong here.

I continue my trek, walking past the borders and into my packs territory. I keep my head down, trying to ignore the few stares from my packs members who watch me intently, sensing something different about me. I know it won't take them long to put together what is different and who. Luckily, since it is night, there isn't too much people around, but gossip spreads like wildfire here.

My feet stop in front of the house I grew up in. I look up at the two story house. It's now or never. I remind myself, before walking up to the familiar red door. I lift my fist up, ready to knock but stop myself before I do. I shake my head, I don't need to knock on my own front door.

Instead, I pull out my house key from my pocket and insert it into the lock. I slowly creak open the door, peaking my head in. Looking around, the house is silent, maybe no one is home. I pull my key out of the lock and put it back into my damp pocket before I enter the house and shut the door behind me.

"Mum? Dad?" I call out from the front entrance... no response. "Silas?" I call out next.

Nothing.

I'm about to walk down the hallway until I hear shuffling upstairs. I look up at the staircase when I see a shadow move on the wall from up the stairs.