009 | Bookstore

The next day, we never heard a thing from Jason

The next day, we never heard a thing from Jason. We all just assumed he was working hard with my dad.

I walked into the kitchen to see Jungkook and Taehyung together, sitting on their phones. Jungkook looks up and notices me sitting across from him.

"Hey, guys, what are your plans for today?" I asked. Taehyung was the first to speak up as he placed his phone on the table.

"We are planning on going into town today. Jin found a bookstore he would like to visit, so we have decided to join him."

"Bookstore? Is this about Namjoon?" I sighed, seeing Jungkook nod. "The owner is like us. Jin has only spoken to him briefly a few times, but there has to be something in there that could help." He explained.

Jin made his way into the kitchen, noticing us waiting for him. "Have you decided to follow me as well?" He joked.

"There's nothing better to do. Namjoon and Yoongi went out."

I stood up and followed them to the car. "Move out of the way!" Taehyung exclaimed, running towards the car, opening the front door.

"That's not fair!" Jungkook huffed, running after him.

"They act like kids," Jin mumbled.

Finally getting into the back with Jungkook, we were ready to go until Jimin shouted from his bedroom window.

"Where are you all going?"

Jin rolled down his window and yelled back, "Out, we will be back soon."

Jin never waited for Jimin to say anything else. He drove off.

I tried to think about what kind of books I needed to be looking for. Were they all about creatures like us? Or did they have fiction to cover up the town's secrets?

"Jin, is this bookstore open to everyone, or just werewolves?" I asked, turning my body from the window to look at him from the back.

"It's a special one. I met him a few weeks ago. During the morning run, I always bump into him and told him about Namjoon's situation. He was an Alpha we had never met before, but the more I spoke to him, the more I trusted him. He is also from Seoul surprisingly and has been here running his pack for 10 years now. His whole library is based on werewolves. It's well hidden from humans." Jin explained as he kept his eyes on the road.

"Let's just hope we find something." Jungkook look over, meeting my eyes as I nodded, agreeing with him.

The books we had at home were useless to Namjoon. Nothing was said about Flames or any sort of anger he held.

I closed my eyes, listening to the normal conversation between Taehyung and Jungkook until my eyes shot wide open seeing that we were still in the woods, parked at the side of the road.

"Why did we stop? I thought we were going into town?" I frowned, looking around.

"Jin, what are we doing here?" Jungkook was next to move around in his seat.

"Relax, this is where it is. I told everyone I was going into town so they would leave me at peace to research." Jin got out of the car and started to walk toward the trees.

"What the hell is going through his mind?" I whispered.

"He's insane," Taehyung whispered back.

Not long after watching Jin stand in the middle of nowhere, a tall man around Jin's height came into view. His body was covered in tattoos as he held a cigarette in his mouth.

Jin stood laughing with the man as he turned around and gestured for us to come out of the car.

"This is Taehyung, Jungkook and our Luna Indigo." Jin pointed towards us by name as the man took the cigarette out of his mouth and held it in his spare hand.

"Nice to meet you guys. I heard you are in a pickle." He joked. "I'm Leo. It's nice to meet you all." He gave a warm smile as he made us follow him towards the deep area of trees.

I had a weird feeling about this. I tried my best to ignore my thoughts and blamed it on being in an unfamiliar place.

"I don't think this is a good idea," I whispered to Jungkook as he stayed silent. He looked around and shrugged. "It'll be fine, let's go." He grabbed a hold of my arm and dragged me towards a small cottage that was well hidden behind the trees.

"Woah." I let out, staring at something that looked like it was straight out of a Disney story. Vines covered the glass-panelled door, but with a push, the door opened and book upon books slapped you in the face.

"It's a little dusty. We don't get any visitors here." Leo said dusting off a few books.

"Why is this place in the middle of nowhere?" I asked, not taking my eyes off the bookshelves.

I was in heaven.

"This is a part of our territory. As the Alpha, I collected a few books on my travels and many just happened to be here from past generations. Feel free to look around. I'll just be in the back room."

With that, I didn't spare another second and grabbed as many books as I could and carried them to the small wooden table next to the window.

"I've missed being in an actual library," I smiled and opened the first book.

"As if. You've never read a full book in your life." Jungkook laughed.

"Shut up. I have so! When you decided to ditch me that summer to become a fucking dog, I picked up the hobby." I glared at him as he sighed.

"Whatever nerd."

"Whatever dog."

"Ah, you can't be saying that when you-"

"Guys, for the love of god. Please, just shut up and read." Jin stressed, looking over at us.

I flicked through the first couple of books to see nothing but things about imprinting or how wolves lived in the olden days.

I looked over to Jungkook to see him closing his book and went on to the next one. My eyes then landed on Taehyung to see him sitting over next to Jin. He was still reading but to my guess, they both haven't found anything yet.

I picked up a burgundy-coloured book and turned to the first page and started reading. I was getting tired of reading the same things over and over again. I wanted to give up.

Until I stopped on the second last page.

I don't think my eyes were seeing things correctly as I kept blinking, hoping I would see something else but no. The image was still printed on fine paper.

"Guys," I whispered.

I looked up to see them all staring at me as I pointed to the book.

"I think my eyes are playing a prank on me." I rubbed my eyes just to make sure, but this time I was certain.

I lifted the book and turned it around for the portrait to face them all. "Is it me, or does this man look exactly like Namjoon?"

"Impossible!" Jin stood from his chair and walked over. Jungkook was the first one to properly see the man as his eyes widened. "Jin, look at this, she's right."