(II) Chapter 20 - Advises and Goodbyes

"How can we not talk about family when family's all that we got?"

- See you again ft. Charlie Puth and Whiz Khalifa
**************************************************************************************
[Nino's POV]

I almost dropped my phone after I heard the news. I was planning to at least have a date with my sisters before Ichika leaves Japan. Hearing this now all of sudden, pains me.

"Nino...? Are you still there?" Ichika asked with a faint voice.

"Y-Yeah... I'm still here. Sorry, something caught my eye."

"That is a painfully obvious excuse..."

"Okay then! We'll let you guys know if we're about to arrive."

"Got it. You can just send us a message."

"Okay!"

After hanging up the phone call, I head to Miku's room. I knocked a couple of times and opened it so I can let myself in.

"Nino? What are you doing?"

"Did you know?"

"About what?"

"Ichika's visiting us tonight."

"Yeah, I just spoke to her earlier."

"And that's it?"

"Well, yeah. What about it?"

"She's leaving Japan next week..."

The usual look on Miku's face changed into something confused and worried at the same time.

"Yeah... I got almost the same reaction..." 

"I guess that's the reason why she almost said earlier that she won't make it."

"I know that this day would come but I didn't know it would be this soon..." I said with a faint voice.

"It's Ichika. I know that she can handle it, especially with the help of Katori."

"I know that... It's just..."

"You'll miss her..."

I didn't say anything. And it looks like Miku understood my disposition.

"If that is the case, let's just make the most out of it. We'll only spend a couple of days with her so let's not put it to waste."

After our conversation, I told Yotsuba and Itsuki that Ichika will be coming home. Some time passed and they finally arrived. I noticed that  they both brought some bags with them. This might be because they'll stay for a couple of days.

"Ichika!" Miku's excitement shows as she welcomes Ichika.

"Hey girls!" Ichika smiled at us. It's something that she's good at; hiding what's really happening using her on-point expressions.

I didn't have much to say but I wanted to be in the conversation so I commented,

"This was really a surprise."

"I know. There have been some sudden changes so I had to visit today." Ichika replied.

"Why? What happened?" Itsuki started to wonder since I only told her and Yotsuba the part where Ichika will be visiting us.

"Well, apparently, I'll be leaving this Thursday so, I wouldn't have a lot of time. Thanks to Katori, I would have the chance to spend some time at least before I leave."

"That's great Ichika! Thanks, Katori-san!" Yotsuba exclaimed.

"No prob" He replied.

"Let's make the most out of it."