a tale as old as time - AKHMENRAH [T]

TITLE — A TALE AS OLD AS TIME*

status: taken by me
faceclaim: jessica henwick
oc: nya* o'connell
fandoms: night at the museum / the mummy
love interest: akhmenrah
first appearance: night at the museum
last appearance: night at the museum: secret of the tomb

status: taken by mefaceclaim: jessica henwickoc: nya* o'connell fandoms: night at the museum / the mummylove interest: akhmenrahfirst appearance: night at the museum last appearance: night at the museum: secret of the tomb

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

NYA O'CONNELL WAS RAISED ON the stories and adventures of her Grandparents and Great-Grandparents. How her Great-Grandfather was a chosen warrior of the Gods who ended up killing the so called 'Scorpion King'. How her Great-Grandmother was a reincarnated Egyptian Princess, Nefertiri, who was then killed by the reincarnation of her Father's mistress only to be brought back to life by her son, Nya's Grandfather. How he grew up to find the tomb of the legendary Dragon Emperor only for him to be resurrected and cause chaos everywhere he went. And how her Grandmother was thousands of years old, protected by Shangri-La and guardian of the Emperor's curse.

The O'Connells were history enthusiasts and thrill seekers through and through and nothing would ever change that. Even if the world was oblivious to all that the family had done to save it, all the times they had prevented an undead monster from destroying the planet, the O'Connells were still proud of what they had accomplished. Besides, so many academic circles praised their family for all their contributions to museums over the years, so at least some of their hard work didn't go unnoticed.

And as next in the line of O'Connells, Nya had a lot to live up to.

The young woman had spent her entire childhood enraptured by the wonders and mysteries the past had to offer, putting a smile on her the faces of her Parents and Grandparents. It was in that moment they knew that the next generation of O'Connells was going to continue their family tradition. Nya went on to study history at college, specialising in Egyptology, and graduated top of her class. No one was exactly surprised by that, Nya had always had an aptitude for learning.

Years later, Nya noticed a job opening at the one and only Museum of National History and when she turned up at her interview, they gave her the position on the spot. And on her first day she meets the museum's new night guard Larry Daley before being sucked into the world her new job had to offer. But then, after staying late the following evening, Nya becomes witness to the nighttime magic that flowed through the place, all because of a special tablet they had hung up in the Pharaoh's quarters.

A Pharaoh who comes to life through the power of the tablet after having died millennia ago. And despite her family history, Nya slowly grew to like him. Proving that the connection between Ancient Egypt and the O'Connell family was a tale  as old as time.