Arc 3, Chapter 3: October 31st (UPDATED)

Author's Note: Holy shit this chapter was not very good originally. I strived to not do the edgy thing, but ended up doing said edgy thing. Yeesh.

_______________________________________________________________________

Blace POV, The next day...

Blace: "M-Mmmmm...."

I slowly and groggily wake up in my new...

...

...bed...

...

...why did I wake up and not Reed...? Nothing happened to Reed for him to not want to get up, right? He took control for the rest of the day, and I was there for every second. So...what happened?

I turn on my scroll and look at the time. 7:30 AM. 

October 31st? Ain't that Ruby's birthday? Lucky girl to share a special day with Halloween. Does she stack Halloween and the birthday on top of each other? Does she celebrate her birthday the day before? After-

Oh my God it's Reed's birthday.

That...okay. I get it now. Home must've not been good especially on that day. I don't want to ask questions to him about it. We may perfectly share a body now, but there's things only I know and things only he knows...

Blace: "sigh...guess I'm in FULL control today."

I get up off the bed and go to the bathroom to put on half of Reed's outfit. I ditch the jacket and just wear the red tiger pants, black boots and grey undershirt. It fits rather nice. Unfortunately, the scars of Reed's body don't fade when I wield the body. But they aren't my scars, so I don't care to hide them. Only the ones on my arms are visible anyways.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Blace: "Come in."

Bella comes in wearing her pajamas. Her hair is all messed up and she has those lines on her arms. You know, the ones from the really good kinds of sleep that are rare nowadays.

Bella: "Mornin'...Blace? Why are you here and not Reed? Did something happen?" 

I hand her her wet toothbrush and toothpaste. I grab a brush and start running it through her hair while she brushes her teeth. She may not be my Blake, but she's my sister still. It's nice to just have these closer moments together.

Blace: "It's Halloween, Ruby and Reed's shared birthday. My guess is home was really really bad during the birthday time, so he's locked himself away."

She sighs and nods with a sad look on her face. Seems her and Reed had more of a talk about this then I thought. How did I not hear about this?

Bella: "Sounds about right. He may be super strong and stoic at times, but he's still a broken boy. We need to be there for him. I couldn't imagine what he would've become if he was completely isolated and alone. He could've become a cold hearted killer, a deranged psycho...I don't know."

Blace: "If he did, I would've stepped in. With him using Wail enough, my influence would've taken control and I would've stopped him by just...well...controlling him. But yeah...he needs us."

.

.

.

Bella gets dressed in her normal combat outfit, equipped with the voice changing mask and hood over her head. I put on a beanie, and while I look like a homeless person, I look like a cool homeless person, so it's all okay. We leave the dorm and head over to Glynda's class. I guess they wanted combat class in the morning? What an awful idea. Only someone like Weiss, Pyrrha or Nora would actually be awake for that...