Itto <3

"So, what did he look like?" 
I kneeled down beside a sobbing little girl. She could barely talk between her sniffles.

"H-He had... big red horns, and he wasn't wearing a shirt... and his eyebrows were so bushy!"
Just from her description alone, I knew who she was talking about.

"And what happened, sweetie?"
I put my hand on her shoulder, and she started to calm down.

"We were playing a game... he said that I lost the game, and then took my candy! Mommy only buys me candy at the weekend, so now I have to wait another seven days!"

I showed her a warm smile and pulled a lollipop out of my pocket. Upon noticing it, she gave me a big hug.
"Yay! Thanks, big sis Y/N! That meanie will never trick me again!"

The little girl ran off towards her mother, gratefully unwrapping the candy.

She was lucky that she had ran away, because I immediately saw the person she had described.

I stormed up to Itto. He seemed pretty pleased with himself, as he was wearing that oh so familiar grin.

"Stealing candy from children now, Itto?"

He turned around and folded his arms, not convinced that it was wrong.
"Hey, I won that lollipop fair and square! She knew what she was getting herself into!"

I rolled my eyes and poked Itto's chest, causing him to yelp.
"What? Calling yourself 'Arataki can-steal-your-candy Itto', now?"

He lifted his chin slightly, before clearing his throat.
"No, actually, it's Arataki wins-fair-and-square Itto! Besides, I saw you giving her a lollipop you bought, why does it matter?"

"It matters because it's not- Hey! Put me down!"
Itto had picked me up by my legs and threw me over his shoulder.

"Let's talk about this somewhere else! People are staring!"

I sighed and gave in, allowing him to take me to a different place.

In the end, we arrived at a beach quite a while away from the city. He finally put me down on the sand and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Was travelling this far completely necessary?"

Itto chuckled and sat down on the sand. He seemed completely unbothered by my scolding.

"Well, no... but I wanted to sit and watch the sunset with ya! Not be stared at by literally everyone in the city, ya know?"

I sat down beside him and looked at the ocean. Though my original intent was to try and convince him not to steal from kids, I simply wanted to sit there with him all night.

"You seriously need to stop-"

"-Stealing from kids? I heard you!"
Itto cut me off, but that wasn't actually what I was going to say.

"Playing with my feelings..."

He turned to me and lifted a brow.
"Heh?"

"One day I'm annoyed at you, but then the next I'm in love with you... sometimes it's frustrating."
I mumbled, but Itto managed to hear every single word. His face flushed pink.

"Then... which one is today?"
I quickly made eye contact with him, and I know it sent chills down his spine.

I smiled and shrugged my shoulders.
"Which one are you hoping it to be?"

"Ahaha, do I even need to answer that one?"

Itto looked away, but I didn't want the moment to stop there.
Without even thinking it through, I gently grabbed his chin and kissed him.

I could almost feel his embarassment - but I didn't stop, nor did he.

Once we both pulled away, it was hard to break eye contact.

"We went from arguing to sharing a kiss... I wasn't even expecting that...!"
Itto exclaimed, while nervously starting to comb his hair.