chapt 42 • Delusional

"Why are you looking at me like that?" My back is against the bookshelf while Alessio picks out books, so far he's chosen five

I was still hooked on yesterday, seeing Alessio like that still made my body heat up. I liked the new sides I was discovering from him.

"Like what?" He continues to place books in his satchel. They must be incredibly heavy but not for him.

"Like you have something to ask me" I hand him a book I found interesting and he puts it in his bag as well.

"I never got to ask you why you left the wedding so quickly, I didn't see you afterward until later in the night when you came to my door"All of me was hoping he wouldn't bring this up, that day is a memory I want to burn.

"I didn't want to stay longer than I had to, I said I'd stay for the wedding, after the vows and I do's, never did I say I'd stay for the after-party" I hand him a few more books and we move over to the tables.

"You're really clingy when you're drunk" He smiles down at the book, showcasing those dimples decorating his cheeks.

I push his arm, "I'm not clingy when I'm drunk, I just need someone to make sure I don't fall flat on my ass when I'm drunk."

He added a pause between us, "I wanted to ask you what you meant when you said you took something that you said you wouldn't." I freeze, sitting on the table and tilting my head as if I don't know what he's talking about.

"What do you mean?"

"You said you took something and you told yourself you wouldn't, you looked upset when you said it..." He also stops fixing the books, looking at me this time and I want to look away but if I do he'll know something up.

"I never say anything that makes sense when I'm drunk, you shouldn't listen to me and forget anything I say" I hand him a book on the side of me.

I can't tell if he believes me or not, he's quick to say something afterward. "Does that mean you lied when you said I was comfortable when you were laying on top of me?"

"You should forget that too, definitely, something I didn't mean to do" His quick frown doesn't go unnoticed.

"I didn't mind, I liked it" His hand finds my thigh, slowly rising up my skirt before we both turn our heads at the sound of the intercom buzzing.

Carter's voice rings throughout the library, calling my name and asking me to meet a visitor outside the building.

"Do you know who would be here to visit you?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Nope" I made it clear to Celeste that it's hard for me to be around her, Father would never visit me unless he absolutely had to, and Grandma has made it clear that she doesn't want me around.

"I'll take the books to my room, you can come by when you're done and read the ones you pick" I started noticing Alessio taking longer glances at me even when he's done speaking.