95

Daniella sat in front of Toto, looking guilty and frustrated, and also a bit angry. She already got an earful from him for not informing him about her relationship with Max and then about everything coming into the eyes of the public.

"Why? Why? Why Max?" Toto asked once again in a frustrating manner. "Why someone from Red Bull?"

"At least we are not together anymore..." Daniella mumbled, sounding guilty.

"But the public doesn't think that," Toto raised his voice, almost making her flinch. "What is it that they are calling Dani and Max?" He asked Myra who was also in the room and equally angry at Daniella.

"The Romeo and Juliet of F1," Myra answered in an annoyed tone.

"You know how Romeo and Juliet ended Daniella?" Toto sarcastically asked the driver.

"They died..." Daniella cautiously replied as she looked at her boss.

"Exactly. They died," Toto pointed out. "Because they were stupid and only thought of themselves, and made stupid decisions."

"But..."

"You know Horner called last night, he was pretty happy with what's going on," Toto informed her. "Of course like any sane person, I yelled at him, and then my blood pressure went up..."

"I am sorry," Daniella apologized, her voice barely audible. "This is all my fault."

"No, part of it is your fault," Toto pointed out. "Max is to blame for the majority of it. I mean what kind of person makes a relationship public after the break-up?"

"Someone like Max," Lewis answered as he entered the room and took the seat next to Daniella. "You okay?" He softly asked her.

Daniella didn't reply and just shook her head. Lewis can tell how she is feeling just by looking at her.

"So what's the plan?" He asked Toto and Myra.

"I think it will be best to not comment on what's going on and just push the questions to Max," Myra replied as everyone looked at her. "Keep silent and give the public the hint that it's all happening against Daniella's will."

"Did you talk to Max after he posted the photo?" She asked the driver.

"No," Daniella shook her head. "We haven't talked in days."

***

Carlos clenched his jaw in anger as he didn't like how everyone was talking about Daniella and Max. He thought this topic would disappear once he landed in Maranello but he was wrong. He wanted to tell everyone that the girl he loves is not with Max but he couldn't.

He pulled out his phone to pass the time till Charles is done talking to his engineer but it only increased his bad mood. Even social media was filled with the photo Max posted.

"Can't believe Max made the relationship public," Charles said as he came over and saw the photo on Carlos' phone. "Something tells me it was not Dani's decision."

"They are not together anymore," Carlos mumbled as he put his phone back in his pocket.

Charles looked surprised by the information and confused as to why Max would post on social media and declare his love for Daniella if they are not together.

"Then why would he..."

"They are not on good terms so I think he wants to hurt her in any way he can," Carlos voiced his thoughts.

"Dani must be so mad at him right now," Charles commented, feeling bad for her as he pulled out his phone.

"What are you doing?"

"Texting her," Charles replied. "I want to know if she has killed Max yet."

***

"No, I am not mad at you Charles, I am mad at Max," Daniella said on the phone. "Sorry for being rude."

She continued the conversation as she went to open the front door after the bell rang, thinking it must be Myra or the food she ordered.

"Yeah, yeah I know," Daniella rolled her eyes. "I shouldn't have dated Max. I am an idiot. I have heard it a thousand times the last couple of days."

"Yeah sorry. I know you are just worried about me."

Daniella opened the door and froze immediately, her eyes went slightly wide as the anger crept up.

"I will call you later," She said to Charles before ending the call, not giving the Ferrari driver a chance to respond.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She asked, trying to restrain herself from hitting her ex.

"I came to talk to you.." Max said, putting up a confident face but was a bit nervous on the inside.

"Aww really?" Daniella pretended to be happy. "Finally! You have no idea how long I have waited for you," She said sarcastically.

"Can... Can I come in?" Max asked.

"Nope," Daniella gave a sarcastic smile before closing the door on his face.

Max rang the bell again, hoping she would open the door.

"Dani, please open the door," He begged. "You know very well why I posted that photo. We need to talk about..."

"Apart from your ego and selfishness, what other reason did you have for telling everyone that we are dating?" Daniella asked from the other side of the door.

Max remained silent as he tried to think about an answer, feeling a bit guilty.

"Dani... please open the door," He pleaded. "I will explain everything."

"I don't want any explanation Max," She said, trying to hold back her tears. "That night at the club I was about to ask you if we can give our relationship another try but...you seemed pretty happy living your single life and kissing any girl who looks at you."

Max was taken aback by the confession and his heart broke into pieces. He had no idea about it and if he had known Daniella was ready for another try then he wouldn't have tried to make her jealous, which ultimately resulted in pushing her even further away.

"And then you told everyone that we are dating..." She added, her voice breaking. "I have tried to figure out why you did that but the only explanation that I can come up with is... you know what, it doesn't matter," She restrained herself from speaking further. "I never want to talk to you ever again."

Max let out a defeated sigh as he touched the door, Daniella was leaning against it on the other side, wiping away her silent tears.

"Just go Max," Daniella forced herself to say the words.

Max didn't say another word and just walked away, determined to get her back, not caring if people start hating him in the process.

**********

A/N: At this point, Max x Dani seems impossible. And I have no idea how to move forward with them. 

Thoughts on the interaction Dani and Max just had?

 What should Max do next? 

Does anyone feel bad for Dani?

 Thoughts on Toto's reaction? 

Everyone thinking that Max and Dani are together is bothering Carlos. What should he do?