33: Truths of the Pit

Dearest Readers,

Are you ready for shit to start hitting the fan? I know I am ;)

Make sure to comment, like/favorite the story, and give me a follow. The best is only continuing to come next!

XOXO Ally Layne

---

"Why haven't you shared the little factoid that you're supposed to be leading a demon army?"

Sam looked up from where he was splashing his face with the sink water to see Annabeth's reflection standing in the doorway behind him. He let out a sigh. "And how long have I know

n you?"

She crossed her arms as he turned off the faucet and turned around to face her. "And how long have you known Persie?"

He blinked. "We're not talking about her."

Her gray eyes narrowed. "Aren't we? You're pissed Persie and I didn't tell you something dark about our past. We get it. Fine. But you aren't allowed to act like the victim when you're guilty of doing the exact same thing, Sam."

"She could've asked Bobby."

"You could've asked me." Annabeth sighed. "But that doesn't change the fact that I wouldn't have told you because it wasn't my business to tell, Sam. It's not Bobby's business to tell her about you and Dean's past, either. So what she knows is up to the two of you. What I know is up to the two of you."

Sam let out another huff before walking past her into the room and sat on the bed. "It's not that easy."

She snorted. "Oh, I know. Trust me, there's some things I'm sure I will never be able to share with another soul. But that doesn't mean that there aren't things that I shouldn't."

He raised a brow. "You think you'll be able to share a few things with me?"

Annabeth studied him for a moment. "Do you think you'll share things with me?"

"I thought this was about Persie."

She gave him a tight smile. "Well, we're kind of a package deal."

"So if I tell you something I should expect her to know about it, too?"

She twisted a curl between two fingers. "If you want information to stay between the two of us, you can tell me. She might be my best friend, but I know when to draw the line with sharing information about other people, Sam. You'll just have to trust me."

"How about I start about the demon army thing?"

Her grin stole the air from his chest. "I think that's a great start."

"Not even a year ago, I was dead."

Annabeth blinked. "I-I'm sorry, what?"

Sam nodded. "And Dean sold his soul to a crossroads demon to bring me back... which is why we are in this mess."

"How did it happen?"

"How did I die?"

She nodded.

He then went on to explain how a powerful demon had fed his blood to babies, killing their mothers in the same grotesque way, to create an army of his making. Sam explained that by doing this, the demon began the portents to a greater war, one that would bring about the Apocalypse.

And Sam was destined to be the one to lead the demons and their army- he would be the one to destroy the world as they know it.

"I don't believe that," Annabeth spoke, once they sat in silence for a few minutes after Sam finished spilling his guts. "I don't believe in any sort of fate or destiny nonsense."