Not So Secret

John slowly opened his eyes from his restless night sleep and looked out the window. He smiled to himself and replayed the events of the night before. His whole body seemed to be floating.

In the next bedroom, Sherlock did the same.

John entered the kitchen to find Sherlock already sitting at the table, drinking coffee. They looked at each other and smiled warily.

"Uh... good morning," John pulled a chair up next to Sherlock.

"Morning."

"How are you?"

"Good as I'll ever be."

John glanced down and was at loss for words. Sherlocks hand suddenly crawled over the table and grabbed Johns. They're fingered intertwined and they squeezed each other's hands.

Suddenly, Sherlock broke the beautiful moment and stood up eyes darting from the door to John. John mind began to panic, had he done dorm thing wrong. But the second after he understood Sherlocks idea, and stood up himself as the door slowly opened.

"Morning boys!" Mrs Hudson entered cheerily. "How are you? You had quite a late night yesterday. I was hoping you'd at least have time to clean. Next time I won't be coming up. I'm just your landlady you know."

"I'm your landlady dear not your housekeeper," Sherlock mocked under his breath. John laughed at his tone then clapped his hand over his mouth.

Mrs Hudson raised her eyebrows and smirked at her young boys. "I'll just leave you two here then," she glanced Sherlock to John who were both trying to hide their smiles. "Don't get into any trouble while I away," she shook her head and grinned as she closed the door to 221B.

"Do you think she's onto us?" Sherlock whispered.

"She's always been onto us," John joked. "Lestrade would have quite a field day if he found out."

"Oh bloody hell" Sherlock moaned. "We are not letting Jeffrey in on this."

"Jeffrey..." John racked his brain trying to remember anyone with that name.

"Graham, George, Jeffrey. I don't care John. It's not important, just like the solar system."

"Sherlock you remember everything," John sighed. "and you can't even remember GREG's name?! We're going to need to work on that."

Sherlock rolled his eyes.

"And secondly, the solar system, as I've said before, is very important."

"No it's not."

"It is."

"It's really not."

"Sherlock look, I can explain this to you again, the so-" he was interrupted by a quick kiss on the lips, and Sherlock backed away smugly after.

"You were saying...?"

John was flustered. "I... Um well.. i it's the, the solar system."

"That's quite interesting John, please do go on."

Now it was John's turn to roll his eyes.

From outside the door, Mrs Hudson listened and chuckled to herself, not knowing what she would ever do without her two precious boys.