Chapter 28

The Mage’s Tower had great symbolic meaning.

If the tower had collapsed as their enemies had intended, various rumors would have spread within an instant.

‘The Master of the Shinsu has abandoned the Western Empire.’

‘The relationship between the Master of the Shinsu and the Imperial House of Iver is broken.’

Once the rumors start, they would spread like wildfire.

And that’s exactly what the Miltans wanted.

As their goal was to prevent the Ivers from having the Master of the Shinsu on their side again at all costs.

More than 20 years ago, the Iver Imperial family was under the protection of a Master of a Shinsu and had the strength of an impregnable fortress.

He had protected them until his last breath.

Nabel knew how the previous Master of the Shinsu, Archmage Pel, perished. He had personally witnessed the gruesome scene.

“Greetings, Your Majesty.”

The Western Empire’s Political Affairs Conference was convened frequently these days. Nevertheless, Nabel still called an emergency meeting as he did not have additional time to delay.

‘Before she awakens, I need to handle all these troublesome matters.’

This was his only desire.

‘I don’t want her to see anything that will traumatize her further.’

Hadn’t she already witnessed enough of that at the Rieda mansion?

After seeing Nabel’s blank expression, the nobles in the conference hall hardened their expressions as well. They assumed the mages would naturally be punished first, but then another political affairs meeting was suddenly assembled.

“My sister has asked me to become a saint.”

Silence befell the conference hall when he spoke out those words.

When he gestured towards Nesha, the door to the Conference Hall swung open and a man in a mage’s robe was dragged inside.

His mouth was gagged.

The mage may not have realized, but Nabel had discovered his malicious thoughts after touching him in the Mages’ Tower.

“I can’t erase the traces of evidence without the help of that person…”

The memory of a silver-haired young man, a symbol of the Miltan family, secretly engraving a magic circle on the side of the Mages’ tower during the night flowed into Nabel’s mind.

With his ability of ‘The Hand of Truth’, just that passing thought was enough reason for Nabel to be suspicious.

‘I should head back quickly and report this.’

When the mage turned to leave, he was instantly captured by Nesha, and later, brought into the conference hall.

Nabel recognized the faces of the individuals in the mage’s memory.

The first face belonged to Duke Lloyd and the other Countess Rieda.

The formation of this team was unexpected, but without the silver-haired Miltan involving himself, those two would have never gotten together.

“Your Majesty.”

At that time, a Knight of the ¹0th Knights Order approached and handed him a small report.

“I found the location of where the three planned to meet, but it was already burned to ashes by the time I arrived.”

The destruction of the evidence must have been the work of Duke Lloyd.