22. 𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓮𝓼

"Look whose back " Kiya Ahluwalia said in a sing song voice

And seriously Dhwani thought that this day couldn't get any worse.
She walked past them towards the stairs to their room.
She didn't have enough energy to deal with it right now.

"The girls now a days are so culture less. Working is good and all but nothing comes above your husband. " Prabha Ahluwalia stated as she was climbing the stairs.

"We don't have the voice to say that now do we?" Ambika Singhania replied.

Dhwani knew they were talking about her. Because she already had a first hand experience.

According to them , even if a woman works as hard as her husband she is still entitled to look after the husband. Reason, he is back from a long day of work. So he's most probably tired. That was fair enough. But women were robots which don't get tired.

So they have to do the office and house work together without getting tired.

Seriously sometimes Dhwani wished she had a time machine to send these type of people back to the time of colonization so that the thoughts and time matched each other.

She was proud of her culture that preached equality between men and women. A culture which saw woman as the embodiment of para Shakti.
But according to people like them our culture meant staying obedient to your husband, not voicing out opinions and being content with every hate and hardships thrown their way.

Dhwani wanted to laugh at their justification, which was Pati Parameshwar.
Then why don't we consider Patni parameshwari?
Afterall the god did give half his body to his wife as a symbol of unity and equality.

She changed into a comfortable kurta and Palazzo pants and was going to the kitchen when a tearful Mahika bumped into her.

"What happened Mahi ? Are you alright. ? " I asked

"I'm fine jiji. Just got something my eyes. "

I gave her a unconvinced half nod then went to the kitchen to find everything already prepared.

"Aarohi will leave in a few days so I wanted to make the dinner for her but didn't know we would have visitors." Amrita Chachi said coming to stand beside me.

"I wasn't expecting them either." I replied with a scowl.

Chachi chuckled.

"Come it's already late. "

I helped her arrange everything in the dining table.

One by one everyone started to fill in.

Usually everyone are together but today Dhwani knew she won't be eating now.

"Dhwani can you please serve for dadi. "
Kiya called out as she was about to sit beside Veer in her seat.

"Sure" I sighed.
The moment I moved away , she occupied that seat which I knew she would.