TEᑎ

"I met someone today," Eri recalled, breaking the silence as we ate at our small kitchen table, which could only seat four people. "I don't know his name, but he helped me."

"Oh really?" sis interestingly asked, she stop eating to listen to our youngest brother.

"I was playing my paper plane we built in school while waiting for mom to pick me up," he recounted. "Then my plane flew away because of the wind, and that's when the guy I met helped me get my plane back."

"Did that guy say anything to you?" I asked.

"Yes, he just asked me where my parents are, and I said that mom is about to pick me up." he stuffed a small amount of food in his mouth. "We talked a little then another guy came up to us, telling the guy who helped me that they need to go. Both of them look rich because they're both wearing a suit."

"Didn't we tell you not to talk to strangers? There are criminals everywhere, they might kidnap you." I cautioned, but not harshly.

"Y-yes, I'm sorry," he lowered his head while apologizing as he continues to explain the incident. "Mister looks scary because of the big scar on his left eye, but I think he's nice. He had a different colored eye, which is cool." he abruptly stated.

Scary? Most criminals look disturbing.

"Heterochromia?" sis turns her head towards me, and we just look at each other blankly.

"A what?" his face furrowed to the word he's unfamiliar with.

"It's a condition Eri, it's when a person has different eye colors like the left eye is blue but the right one is brown," sis explained, and he attentively listens like he's eager to learn about this condition. "You can mostly see this with cats. You already saw one, right?"

He nods.

"Alright then, continue eating your food." sis ordered him then she turned her face to me.

"I already received my delivery," she remarked, shoving food into her mouth. "You may have the bubble wraps wrapped around it to distract your hands while working."

"Thanks," I murmured.

I sit up straight and stare at her without moving my head. I tried not to look obvious that I'm observing her face, like a creep. She has eyebags, but not darker than mine. She has eyebags, but they aren't as dark as mine. Those several ear holes, all of which are decorated with earrings. Her arms are covered in small tattoos, as she likes.

I was supposed to get a tattoo, but I can't since it's against the rules of my profession, and if I do, I'll fail my physical hygiene test.

Wait... Where's her necklace? She had never removed those.

"By the way," she added. As soon as I heard her speak, my gaze was drawn somewhere else. "Mom told me we need ingredients for tomorrow's breakfast. You go buy to the nearest convenience sto-"

"Can't do that. I still have other things to do," I cut off her words before she could finish her sentence.

"My boss randomly calls me to go to the station immediately when it is urgent. I wasn't supposed to be at home right now because we have a ton of cases to assist. Remember the time we were in a store then he suddenly called me to go to his office for an urgent meeting? Then you ended up walking home because I took the car with me to get there." I reasoned out without looking away from my food.

"Wow, such a well-prepared response. It'll only take a minute to go there and buy things, then you'll be here before an hour."

"Why can't you do it?" I whined. I'm too tired and lazy to do anything.