Chapter 38

“What, what are you going to do, Baron?”

Jo Malone shook his head as if annoyed at the servant’s question, a child with blood on his head has not dried yet*.

[ T/N: It’s an idiom which means ‘very young man’ or ‘immature.’ ]

He never dreamed that the young Grand Duke and the Emperor would have noticed what was happening in this shapeshifter village, putting him in a corner like this.

He paced anxiously around the room.

Jo Malone’s mind was complicated when he saw the knight of the baron, who was disguised as a servant. He could not get out of here.

…How did he end up here?

A lowly family.

No… Until he became the head of the household, there was no such thing as a family. So, in order to raise the family, he decided to take the hand of Marquis Black, not the Emperor, and eventually came this far. How dare the immature child disturb him while he was barely getting his attention? It was complete nonsense.

It did not matter if it was the Emperor or the young man who sold his brother to become a war hero who noticed his plan.

…He just had to kill him. All he had to do was kill everyone involved in this and destroy the evidence. That way, he could go back as if nothing had happened. Even if the Emperor found out about this, he would only know that he was involved.

Jo Malone’s eyes gleamed wildly after he had made up his mind. The eyes of the servants waiting for his order flowed towards him.

“Kill him.”

“….”

“Kill  The Grand Duke Destro and erase all traces of what was here, all right?”

At Jo Malone’s command, the eyes of the knights trembled anxiously.

The man who was in the dining room with Jo Malone asked cautiously, “If that happens, what will happen to the dog shapeshifter who was with the Grand Duke?”

Dog shapeshifter…?

Jo Malone’s lips twisted upwards at the man’s words.

That impudent puppy was no more than a human. Fragments of the glass bottle with a picture of a dog that had been broken on the floor of the waiting room came to his mind. He knew it the moment he saw the pieces of glass. It was definitely the Grand Duke’s finacée who stood in his way.

〈 “So, if he didn’t like it, you shouldn’t try to touch him like that. It makes you look like a villain.” 〉

The emerald-like green eyes were a rare color that could not be easily seen by shapeshifters. In addition, the fact that her hair, which was almost white, took on a pale pink color whenever the sunlight hit it…?