Chp.24 | It's a Go!

A/N: TY SM FOR BEING PATIENT!! I'm back with weekly updates. I'm sorry I couldn't do it earlier, I had to get my mental health up and it wasn't going well with all this pressure. BUT IM ALL GOOD NOW >.O

-

Xiao lazily got through his classes. It was nothing out of the blue, though. He was always dozing off thinking about something... Except, this time, he wasn't dozing off.

He was thinking long and hard about all of the possible scenarios his mind could make. And there were...a lot, to say the very least.

He couldn't help it, though. He was too overwhelmed. He was so out of it he didn't even notice the note being passed onto his desk at first.

He looked down. It was closed shut, despite just being a normal piece of notebook paper. Was someone just throwing trash on his desk?

He should probably throw it away. He was about to get up but then he heard someone whisper, "Open it!"

Ahh...so this is a 'note'. The ones that girls pass to each other in class to talk about their day. The ones that the guys pass around to ask if their crush likes them back.

Well, whatever. He opened it up, trying not to make it crumble too much.

The note read,'MEET ME AFTER CLASS! - Hisso' a simple letter, straight to the point. But,, couldn't she have just walked up to him? Does that ruin the fun of it or something?

Xiao didn't know. He's never received one before. Or..just threw it away because he thought it was trash being put on his desk for no reason.

He just got the paper and stuffed it into his pocket, laying his head on his desk smoothly.

He'd wondered, would this all even work out in his favor? What if Risa did confess, and Venti just accepted while Xiao was too late. Why was he worrying so much about this, though?

It wasn't like Venti would ever accept his confession. What was Hisso's plan anyways? To just go with it, ignoring the 100% chance that he'll be rejected? It seemed kind of selfish.

He wanted to be by Venti's side, but that's not going to happen if he's rejected and never talked to again. That's why he's just plainly scared.

He doesn't know what to do—and he's never done this before. Hell, he has never even dated anyone before.

He just didn't want to lose a friend he took so long to get.

-

The bell rang. He noticed Hisso practically jump from her seat, rushing over to Xiao. He'd realized some of their classmates still thought they were dating, so maybe this wasn't the best look.

"Xiao!" She grabbed onto the other's wrist, leading him out of the classroom and to her locker. Well, instead of leading, she was practically just dragging him like usual.

"We need to mess with Rita somehow! And we need you for that. You're the only one who can do it!" Hisso stated, with a bright smile spread across her face. "Ah—what about if you talk to her? You're popular!"

"Huh? No, I'm not."

Hisso stayed silent for a moment,"...Uhm-whatever. Just ask her about it or something. But don't lead her on or anything."

"What do you mean?"

"Like—ask her about it. If she's really confessing to Venti."

"But won't that make her nervous?" Xiao questioned.

"Exactly! It might make her rethink! Also, since you're handsome she might just reconsider who her crush is!" She paused,"Ahh—but don't date her!"

"Isn't that mean though?"

"Well, she's really popular. I'm sure she can find someone else! She's with another guy like every other week." Hisso smiled. Why was she going this far just to stop Rita's confession?

"Alright, I guess."

"Good! Just like—ask to talk to her. Kind of like I did with you."

"Ok." He replied plainly. He wasn't really sure how to go about this, he's never done it before so it didn't make much sense to him. "Uhm...who exactly is she again?"

"Rita! She has red-dyed hair—big boobs—...uhh...popular?!" Hisso responded.

"Ok." He looked around the area, before he could even say anything, Hisso called out—

"There she is! By her locker!"

Xiao sent a slight glare into Hisso's direction, "I get it." So, without another word, Xiao made his way over to the redhead with a slight frown.

She seemed busy, pulling things in and out of her locker as she touched up her lipstick in a flip mirror, talking to her friends.

"Rita." He hoped he was pronouncing that correctly.

Her eyes widened as she recognized the voice. She practically darted around before telling one of her friends to 'hold her lipstick'.

"Ah—Xiao?!" She said, but it seemed she didn't mean to say it in such a surprised tone,"I mean—hi..!" She was obviously very nervous. Maybe Hisso was wrong about this? Xiao just thought she seemed uncomfortable.

He paused, trying to remember what Hisso told him to do. This better work—although, he's not really sure what the goal is in this. "I heard you're..confessing to someone?"

"Uhm..no! Not at all!"

"I thought you liked Venti?"

Her face went redder than it had been already. It completely overpowered the slight blush that was contoured onto her soft-looking skin. "No...no way! Not anymore, at least..!"

"But wasn't it just like..yesterday?"

"Haha-!" She had obviously forced out a nervous laugh," You have got to be kidding me!" She couldn't even manage to hold eye contact.

"Oh..that's good then." Xiao was too dense to even realize she was lying. But her words said enough. She was what was labeled as a 'player'.

"Good?.. Hey, maybe do you wanna..go out someti—" she was cut off by a very angry-looking boy walking up to the two of them.

"Xiao. We need to talk."

Venti was livid.

WORD COUNT; 1002