Chapter 24 - He's Gone

"I'm sorry to cut things short, Deliah, but I need to go. If I'm the key to healing Springtrap then I need to be there for him." I stood up, dusting off my pants. I raced towards the door before turning back once more. "Deliah, thank you, I know what I need to do now."
Deliah gave me a nod, as I raced out of her house and down the street back towards Harry's.

I wasn't even worried about my dad anymore, I was more worried about what Springtrap would do to himself after what had happened earlier. I knew he was the type of person, or er, robot, to beat himself up out of guilt, and I needed to make sure he was okay.
I knocked loudly on Harry's front door, waiting impatiently for someone to answer. Not long after, Harry opened the door.
"Y/N?" He questioned. "What's up?"
I struggled to catch my breath from the long run over her, as I took a deep breath after every word I spoke. "I need to see Springtrap!" I finally got out. "I'm supposed to be helping him, and that's what I plan on doing!" I didn't even wait for Harry to respond, I just pushed past him and looked around for the golden rabbit, but he was nowhere to be seen.
"Where is he?" I turned back towards Harry, who had a concerned look in his face.
"What's wrong?" I asked, beginning to become worried.
"He's gone, Y/N." Harry spoke.
I felt my heart drop into my stomach. "What do you mean he's gone?" I knew Harry could tell there was a pain in my tone.
Harry sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. "After what happened earlier, he felt bad and said he needed time to think, so he ran off somewhere. I don't know where." Harry seemed worried for the rabbit too. "I tried to get him to stay but he said he had to go."
I felt my shoulders hang low and my knees become weak. I wasn't sure what to say. I mean I knew he'd feel bad but to just up and leave the safely of his found home, that's something I wasn't expecting from him. I mean he had clearly left Harry's place before to visit me or to save me from that guy, but this, this was different. "W-what if someone sees him!? We have to go find him!? He could be in so much trouble!?" I felt tears fall down the sides of my cheeks, as I clenched my hands into tight fists out of sadness.
"Look Y/N, I get you're worried about him, and you clearly care about him, but when Springtraps going through it, he usually wants to be left alone. Well, unless it's Deliah, he'll do anything for that girl. He cares for her like a daughter." Harry explained, walking towards me.
"That's it!" I exclaimed. "Deliah knows him the best, and Springtrap cares about her the most! If I can get those two to reconcile then Springtrap will come back and I can finally help him become better!" I ran towards the front door, wiping the tears from my eyes. "I'll get Deliah, then her and I will go look for Springtrap. So, you coming or what dude?" I asked Harry, offering my little cousin my hand.
Harry sighed. "It's gonna take a lot of work to get Deliah to forgive Springtrap, but you've always been good at getting things to work so I guess." Harry agreed with a shrug of his shoulders and taking my hand.
"GREAT! Now let's go!" I say, pulling Harry out the door.