It's Just A Dream

I started dreaming about returning to the Johnson residence with Abby after we met Ness. We arrived at a large house that has no shingles missing from the roof, no bars on the second-floor windows, a gate on the left side of the house, and a red car parked in the driveway. Abby ran up to the front door of the house and knocked on it, waiting for someone to open it, I stood behind her and hoped we weren't late for dinner again.

The door opened, revealing a girl with amber eyes and black hair in a pixie cut wearing a red short-sleeved shirt, a pair of yoga pants, and a yellow sweatshirt tied around her waist. 

"I was beginning to wonder if you two would show up this time

"I was beginning to wonder if you two would show up this time." The girl said, Abby looked her in the eyes and spoke up, "Ok, ok, we get it, Claire, you don't have to say that every time Gregory and I leave the house." Abby and I have a bad reputation in the Johnson residence, we miss dinner frequently, and Claire never misses a chance to rub that in our faces. I walked up to the front door and looked at Claire, "Can you please just let us in, Claire?"

Claire stood in place for a few seconds before turning her attention to me, "Fine! Get in here before Mike wakes up and lays into you again for what happened yesterday." That caused Abby to shoot an angry stare at Claire standing in the doorway. "Do you enjoy bringing up bad memories and rubbing them in our faces?" Claire looked back at Abby and smirked, "I was just kidding. Besides, Mike was black-out tired when he caught Gregory and yelled at him, so he probably forgot about it."

"Well, you need to work on your jokes, ice queen." Abby said, "And I take that as a compliment." Claire shot back. I missed dinner yesterday and tried to take leftover food from the kitchen, but I was caught by Mr. Johnson and yelled at him, waking up everyone else in the process.

Claire finally stood aside and let me and Abby inside the house and closed the door, the first thing that hit me when I walked inside was the smell of burnt toast. The smell was so strong that it made me cover my nose with my right arm, "Was he smoking inside or outside again today?" I asked, "No, he had a cooking time in the oven, but it accidentally got overcooked and burnt." Claire answered.

When we walked into the living room, we saw a sight that was familiar to us. A man who looked to be in his late 30s with burly black hair, a mustache, wearing a black pair of trousers and a white shirt was sleeping on a green sofa with an empty beer can next to him.

"Susan is in the kitchen getting everything read." Claire said as she walked to the staircase, Abby and I walked into the kitchen and saw a woman who was putting mashed potatoes into a bowl, the woman turned and looked at us. The woman had short black hair, green eyes and looked to be in her late 30s, she wore a light purple shirt, long jeans, and a pink apron.

"You two are here early? This is a surprise. I expected you and Gregory to be late again." The woman said, I hated being called a wretch, it was just one of the many things that many people except the Johnsons call me by, being called a wretch made me feel upset, it felt like I was a burden on the people around me, it also made me feel like I was nothing.