Chapter 1

Chan sets down his pen, resting it in the crease of the journal's spine. He takes a deep breath as he looks around the painted walls that were once an estate on the shores of Busan.

The mansion was once a beautiful $32,000,000 penthouse that sported parties every weekend and lavished in pompous men and women who had egos inflated to absolute repleteness.

Chan unofficially inherited the property after his family was brutally turned into shells, watching them shift and lose their sanity as Chan was forced to put a bullet through their heads to guarantee his safety.

"Channie-hyung!"

Chan snapped out of his daze. He winced at the force he held onto the armrest and stood up abruptly, making his way towards the door. "Coming!"

C'mon Christopher, snap out of it.

Chan made his way down the steps and almost collided face first with a squirrel boy who was carrying a stack of pancakes.

"Woah! Slow down Mr. Hunk!"

Chan groaned, "well good morning to you too Jisung."

"What's up with the attitude hunk?"

I swear to god-, "Jisung why are you still calling me hunk? I thought you were over this."

"It is not my fault that you are shirtless and showing the fucking body of the Adonis to my virgin eyes! Grow a fucking pair and accept the compliment!" Jisung then playfully bounced behind Chan, slapping his ass before smiling in his face and running away somewhere to the kitchen.

Chan just chuckled and sighed as how can anyone be mad at Jisung? He ended up following the younger to the kitchen where he found Jeongin, Hyunjin, and Jisung sitting at the dining table while Felix was cooking on the stove top.

"Morning Chan!"

Chan looked over to Felix and nodded his head to the younger and took a seat at the table. "Felix, is the electricity still going strong? I'm hoping we don't need to worry about our energy usage for now since I fixed the power supplies and generators a few days ago."

Felix shot Chan a thumbs up not even batting an eye to the older as he was too focused on not burning the pancakes in front of him.

Hyunjin then nudged Chan's elbow effectively grabbing the older's attention.

"Hyung, we need more supplies. I checked the storage shed and estimated that we could only live on our rations for only a few more days."

Chan nodded and thought for a bit. He really didn't want to go on another excursion after what almost happened last time. He felt obligated to protect these boys as they were his only family he had left.

"I suppose we should plan for later in the afternoon, I don't want a repeat of last time where we overstayed our welcome." Chan slightly glanced at Jeongin who shrank under the pressure of the leader's gaze.

"I'll make sure to do my best, Hyung. I still feel terrible that Jisungie-hyung could've got shot in the heart because of my actions." Jeongin diverted his gaze towards the floor as silent sobs escaped his mouth. Hyunjin stood up from his place and gently wiped the tears away while stroking Jeongin's cheek.

"Don't worry it was just an accident baby." Hyunjin kissed the top of Jeongin's forehead and laid his own head on top of the younger.

The table fell into an abrupt silence that was dense and thick, everybody recalling the tense moment that almost resulted in tragedy.

Chan broke the silence, hoping to change the topic back to the current problem at hand: finding food.

"Okay, despite everything, I agree with Hyunjin that we need to scavenge for food as we are rapidly losing rations faster than we expected." Chan paused for a bit, capturing everyone's attention before continuing. "I'm going to have Jisung and Hyunjin go with me to the abandoned supermarket around 3 miles from here, while Jeongin and Felix stay here to guard the house. We will leave hopefully around five as I need to get some supplies ready for the trip. Is everyone okay with this plan?" Chan glanced at his members and saw Jeongin's face had a pout which did not suit the maknae's cute face.