Love Game

The following morning, like a bolt from the blue, Jungkook stated that the two of you couldn't keep breaking the rules; you had strayed from them too many times.

Although you weren't thrilled about his decision, you acceded anyway. You were reluctant to do so since you had been enjoying the meaningless sex (at least the two times you had it). Because, well, it was just that—meaningless.

...Right?

Aside from that, you weren't sure why he brought this up after what you had gone through the previous night. The incident still shook you, so the timing was poor in your opinion. It was a lot to process. It had to have been a lot for Jungkook too.

You watched him as he put his t-shirt back on. "Can I ask why though?"

"Why, what?"

"Why did you all of a sudden decide that we can't mess around anymore?"

"I already told you," he said. "We have an agreement, Y/N."

"I know, but we can bend it sometimes, can't we?"

"No, we can't," Jungkook declared. "Maybe you shouldn't have made the damn rule in the first place."

"I'll throw it out then," you announced.

Grabbing a pair of jeans from his dresser, he maintained, "All rules will remain as is. Got it?"

"Yeah...I got it," you uttered, your voice quiet from his curt tone.

"Look, Y/N," he began, "I don't mean to hurt your feelings or anything, but you need to understand where I'm coming from." Not sparing you a second glance, Jungkook then headed into the bathroom to style his hair. "Sex with you means nothing to me, and sex with me means nothing to you, right?"

"Yeah?"

"Let's keep it that way."

Your eyebrows knitted together. "What're you getting at, Kook?"

"Rule number two."

With a blanket wrapped around your naked body, you now stood in the doorway of the bathroom, leaning against the frame. "Are you afraid you're starting to catch feelings for me?"

"No," he proclaimed. "I think you might be though."

"You can't be serious," you jeered. "Need I remind you that you were the one who tried to fuck me at my brother's party? And that you were the one who took me to your secret lookout spot where you actually did fuck me? You're always the one who's breaking rules, Jungkook. Not me." You could hardly contain your scornful laugh at the pure absurdity of it all as you went on. "Only in your fucking dreams would I ever catch feelings for you."

Jungkook locked eyes with you in the mirror, a half-suppressed chuckle leaving his lips—almost like he was mocking you. "And so now you've convinced yourself that I caught feelings for you? C'mon, Y/N. You're smarter than that."

Your nails dug into the palms of your hands as the anger pumped through your veins. You nearly drew blood with how hard they pushed into the lithe flesh. Every muscle in your body tensed in vexation. You wanted to walk up to Jungkook and slap the cockiness right out of him.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" you questioned. "We've been getting along so well these last few weeks, and now you're acting just like you did before."

He tousled his hair one final time. "Because I started to consider you a friend."

You scoffed at his use of the past tense. "What, and now you don't?"

"I don't know, Y/N!" Jungkook snapped. "I don't know what I consider you anymore. So drop it."

"Then allow me to clear some things up for you," you presented. "We're not friends, and we never will be because you're a shitty excuse for a person."