Chapter 20

Arianna

"Anna", Angelina called me in a soft voice.

The tears were still flowing from my eyes and I was trying hard to control my sobs. I don't want her to see me in this state. Otherwise, she's going to think I'm an attention seeker, just like they said.

I furiously wiped my tears and tried to control my sobs. I somehow controlled my tears and wiped my face with my sleeves.

"Anna, can you open the door?", she asked.

I thought she already left when I didn't answer her, but she is still standing at the door.

"Hey, can you let me in? We can talk.", she said.

I didn't reply. I myself am confused if I wanted to let her in or not. On one hand, I wanted to open the door and let her in. But, on the other hand, I still remember Ash's warning.

The guys already don't like me and if I won't listen to them, they might bully me more. I was struggling to come to a decision.

"Anna, you will feel better if you talk to someone. It need not be me, but, as of now Theo and Vince are not home.", Angelina tried again.

I thought she would leave if I don't answer her a few times, but, I'm surprised she's still there.

"You might be annoyed or take me for a creep, but I'm not leaving from here, if you won't open the door. I just want to talk, Anna. I am here to listen, or, if you don't want to talk, don't worry, I'll talk and you can listen.", she said.

A faint smile tugged at my lips at her statement. But, I still didn't reply.

"You might be thinking that I'm just joking, but I'm really serious. I'm going to sit right in front of your door, till you open it.", she said, sounding like she's about to pout.

A smile grazed my lips, listening to her. I don't know why but it felt good, knowing she is concerned enough to stay, even if I didn't answer her. The tears stopped completely and I was sitting on the floor silently.

Just then, I heard a thud. What was that?

"Just for you to know, that was me sitting on the floor. More like plopping on the floor.", she said.

I chuckled at that. She couldn't hear it though. It felt good, knowing  she bothered enough to still try. My brain was saying that she won't stay long and will eventually leave, just like everyone. The only difference is, she at least bothered to try, unlike all the others who just ignored me.

"I don't know if you are in the room or washroom, but I'm going to assume you are in the room. Otherwise I might look like an idiot, talking to no one in particular.", she said, chuckling at the end.

"Hey, did you realize, I started calling you Anna! That's my nickname for you. I didn't realize it myself that I already gave you a nickname. The name Anna suits you, small and cute. It doesn't mean Arianna doesn't suit you, but I like to call you Anna. But, even Arianna is good. I am sorry if I offended you. Both names are good, so I'm going to go with Anna. You can tell me if you don't like it. I will look for other nicknames. You can tell me if you don't like nicknames at all. But I think everyone likes nicknames and..... I'm blabbering.", she said and stopped and I could hear her breathe heavily.

I chuckled at her ranting. She seems like a very bubbly person and also very talkative. Honestly, I am vey happy that she gave me a nickname. No one, other than Theo has ever given me a nickname. My foster parents hardly ever addressed me, except for the times, when they had some work with me or when they wanted to punish me. My smile dropped at the thought of my foster parents. I wonder what they are doing now.

"Hey Anna, you never called me by my name. Are you going to give me a nickname or just going to call me Angelina. But don't you think Angelina is a really big name! You can call me angel, for short. Calling full name seems more formal and we shouldn't be formal with family, right?", she continued her talking.

Her last statement made me freeze for a second. Family? Did she just call me her family?

"Vince always says that we don't have to be formal with family and that we can share anything and everything with them. So, I'm not going to be formal to you anymore. In fact, I'm warning you that you are so going to get tired of my blabbering, that I can already imagine you pushing me out of your room, in near future.", she said in a fake serious voice.

The way she just included me in her family so easily surprised me. She said she is not going to be formal to me and that there are no formalities in family. It means she considers me her family, right? Did she just accept me in her family?

I was brought out of my thoughts at her next statement.

"Anna, I'm sorry. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable these few days and also on behalf of Dyl, Ace and Ash. You don't have to forgive them, until they apologize to you, but just know that they didn't really mean anything they just said. They were just talking on impulse.", she said in a serious tone, sounding a little low.

I didn't want her to say sorry. She really had no reason to apologize. She has been nothing but good to me, since the day I met her. But, I really doubt if the boys not meaning what they said is true. People have taunted me for so many years that it is hard to believe that they didn't mean what they said.

"I won't say I know or understand how you feel. I don't know how you feel, because we have been through different situations in our life. But, I am ready to listen. I am here to hear you out and try to help you if you ever need anything.", she said in a gentle tone.

That brought tears to my eyes. For the first time in my fourteen years of life, someone offered to listen to me. Someone is willing to try to understand me. I don't know how she can be so good. It has been half an hour, since she first knocked on my door. I still didn't respond, yet, she's still willing to try.

"You might be annoyed by now with my constant blabbering. Right? Dyl always says that I'm annoying, but, the truth is he's more annoying than I am. That's why he's jealous of me, that I'm less irritating than he is.", she huffed at the end.

I smiled at that. She sure knows how to make people smile. I wonder why she's so persistent about talking to me. We've known each other for not more than three days.

"You may think that I'll leave if you ignore me, but, I won't. I want you to open this door. Only then will I leave. Or else you'll have to bear my ranting, till you open this door of yours.", she warned.

I chuckled and stood up. I don't know if we can ever be like normal sisters, but if she really want to try, we can be good friends. She makes me feel comfortable and she definitely knows how to make me smile, even if she didn't realize that yet.

"Hey, if you open the door, I'm going to give you my share of ice cream too.", she said, knocking at my door.

I decided to open the door. She has taken the pain to make me feel better, so I should at least thank her. I walked to the door and was about to open the lock, but the voice I heard next made me halt my actions.

"What are you doing, Angelina?"

********************************************************************************

So, here is the next chapter.

How was the chapter?

What are your views on Angelina? Is she annoying?

What do you think of Arianna?

Dear Readers, I wanted to tell you that Arianna is a victim of abuse from a very young age, so she tends to be weak. Also because she has no one to support her. I will definitely portray her character development. But, you have to wait for it.

Please vote, comment and follow.

Your comments help me to know about your opinion on my characters.

Yours lovingly, 

Author.