5. A Strange Trip To The Cod Empire

The rest of Tuseday and Wednesday had passed surprisingly quickly. And for that one and a half of day, Lizzie had met alot of the workers, and got a tour of the palace. She still barely knew her way around, but from what she knew, she loved the place.

She was excited to meet the other rulers, she hoped that maybe they could tell her a little about herself. But she just couldn't wait to meet the rulers. They seemed so cool! Well, she had only heard their names and the names of their kingdoms— but they still seemed cool!

When Lizzie woke up, she immediately remembered what was happening that day, and got ready as quick as she could. And now she was walking with Joel to the dining hall for breakfast.

"Soo.." Lizzie started, looking eagerly to Joel. "When are we gonna visit the other rulers?" She was quick to ask, the Mezalian king grinned at her enthusiasm.

He turned to look at her as he led her through the halls. "Well, we'll meet Jimmy at eleven, so that's four hours from now." He saw Lizzie frown slightly at the long wait— she was always impatient. He had planned for this though. "But," Lizzie turned to look at him again.

"I figured in the mean time, I'd give you a tour of Mezalea." He finished, Lizzie gasped, her excitement apparent, and that particular sparkle in her eye that always made a certain tug on Joel's heart— or that's what it felt like.

"Really?" Lizzie latched onto the latter's arm. "Yep! We could head out after we eat." Joel said. Lizzie simply replied with a smile and a nod, letting go of Joel's arm and holding his hand. A subconscious act, almost out of habit. Joel said nothing of it, smiling back and continuing their walk to the dining hall in a comfortable silence.

Somehow, even when Lizzie had lost her memory about pretty much everything, she still managed to act like herself before the whole ordeal. Joel thought about it the night he brought her to Mezalea. How had she not changed? How was she still so selfless? So caring, and genuine? Joel figured she might've changed, but she didn't. Lizzie was still Lizzie. The same person he fell in love with— and was falling in love with all over again.

He looked to Lizzie, who was looking out the window next to them, that covered the whole wall of the corridor they were walking in. The sun shined on her hair, which made it seem like it was glowing. The sun also gave this effect to her eyes, making them the prettiest blue. Lizzie had this small smile on her face as she looked out at the veiw, and it made Joel feel like everything was going to be okay.

---

They ate breakfast—which was oatmeal, per Lizzie's request— and headed out. Lizzie quickly realized that the actual kingdom of Mezalea was just as beautiful as the palace.

The two viewed the different types of buildings, and much to Lizzie's surprise, got greetings from some of the villagers. It turned out she was more known than she realized.

From following paths on the ground to soaring around to admire a aerial view, it was all so amazing. And though it didn't feel like it, it took up the four hours they had to wait.

They had just gotten a drink for themselves from a cafe (whom the owners of were very shocked to see the King Joel), and were heading back to palace.

"I think there's about fifteen minutes until we should leaves now." Joel informed as they entered the palace. "Really? That was four hours? It didn't even feel like it!" A surprised Lizzie said. "Well it was great. Mezalea is wonderful."

"Yeah, this was fun." Joel replied, leading Lizzie to her room. "Very fun." Lizzie agreed.

Then they were at her room, Joel opened the door for her (as he always did, it was becoming a habit). "Well, I'm gonna go get ready. I'll be back in a few minutes." Joel said, Lizzie nodded in reply.