Chapter 24:

Alexia's POV:

"Uncle John?" I gasped and looked at the face of my father's brother. The faces of both men snapped to me.

"Lexi? Goddess is that you?" He grabbed my shoulders and pulled me closer to look at me. Suddenly he pulled me into a tight hug. "Dear god, it is you! We thought you had died! There were no reported survivors! Honey I'm so glad I've found you." he sighed against my hair.

"Uncle John. I can't believe this. I didn't know you changed your pack name!" I said pulling away to get at proper look at my father's 39 year old brother.

"Ah yes, well when we combined with Night Shadow Pack, Auntie Anastasia decided to change its name to Silent Rain. That's not what's important. How have you been? I'm so sorry about daddy and mom. They loved you so so much. You know that right?" I stiffened and nodded.

"I know," I whispered.

"They swore to protect you. There's so much you need to know, but it can wait until after the journey. Will you be coming along?" He asked crossing his arms over his broad chest. I glanced from Beck to him.

"Uh no Uncle John. It's still a little hard for me and Beck thinks its too dangerous." I mumbled, looking down. Beck stepped up and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Good man. I would have said the exact same thing!" he chuckled and i looked up sharply. Beck burst into laughter and kissed my cheek.

"Uncle John! What the hell?! You're supposed to be on my damn side not his!" I shouted giving him a glare. I felt Beck's hand slither down my back and down to my bottom, squeezing sharply. I jumped and smacked his chest.

He leaned over, a wicked grin on his face. "You had been doing so well with the cursing princess," he said leaning down to whisper in my ear.

"So Goddess, tell me where you've been the past four months." Uncle John said eyeing Beck and I amusedly. I paled slightly and turned to press my face into Beck's chest.

"Shhhh," he cooed in my ear. "You're alright." and rubbed my back. "John open your link." Uncle John gave us a weird look, but suddenly his eyes glazed over. I looked up at Beck and noticed that he was in the same state.

Suddenly I heard a ferocious growl, and looked over to find Uncle John shaking and his canines extending. I gasped and clung to Beck harder. He put me behind him, but kept a tight hold on my hand. He crouched in a protective stance in front of me.

"John calm down." Beck said lowly, John snarled and Beck snarled back. "John I know. It pisses me off too but you have to calm down. Look at Alexia, you're scaring her." John's eyes, which were black as pitch, flickered back to his normal blue color. He closed his eyes, pinched the bridge of his nose, and took a deep breath before opening them again. I somber expression was on his face.

"Goddess, come here sweetpea. I'm so so sorry. You're so brave. I'm so proud if you." he murmured pulling me into another embrace and kissing my forehead. He rocked us back and forth, and after a few minutes, released me and Beck took me back in his arms.

"Should we get started Beck, if we start now, we might be able to leave late tonight and come back all the more earlier. Will you be giving me the debrief?" Uncle John said after a brief moment of silence.

"Umm, forgive me Alpha, but my Beta and Third will be getting you up to speed. And we leave tomorrow morning. I would like to spend as much time as I can with my mate and one last night with her in my arms before we go. This will be the longest we've been separated since we've met." Beck said smiling down at me fondly. Uncle John laughed and nodded his head.