Comfort: Billy Hargrove

Request: Hey I was wondering if you could do a Billy Hargrove story where the reader and Billy are neighbors, and they don't like eachother. But one night Billy comes to your window seeking help after his father abused him. You helped clean him up and he slept in your bed with you and you guys wake up cuddling and all that fluffy stuff

Billy Hargrove was known as many things to many people but most people saw him as a bully or Mr. Popular since he arrived in Hawkins. Now you had no real reason not to like Billy, the two of you didn't really interact much despite being neighbors but for a reason, he didn't like you and always made it a point to let you know whether it was coming home late blaring his music, or revving his car right outside your house, or sometimes almost hitting you when you were outside skating. 

You were at home working on your homework while some music played quietly in the background when you started to hear some yelling and screaming coming from next door which was pretty common but this time it sounded worst than it's ever been making you worry about Max and even Billy despite how he treated you. You went back to trying to focus on your homework when you heard a tap at your window making you look up and see a busted-up Billy standing there making you sigh. You opened your window and told him to come in still unsure why he came out of all people, you watched as he took a seat on your bed. 

"Is Max okay?" You asked him trying to break the awkward silence.

"She wasn't home when it happened. Sorry for um showing up like this I didn't know where else to go." He said quietly.

"You're fine. How badly hurt are you?" You asked him as you walked into the bathroom to grab the first aid kit. 

"I think it's just my face." He said as you walked back into your room and sat next to him on the bed. 

You started cleaning up his cuts and you couldn't help but notice how pretty his eyes were up close, but part of you knew that Billy only saw this as a moment of weakness and would probably go back to hating you tomorrow. 

"There you go. I'd say most of your cuts will heal up in a day or two." You said to him as you stood up to put the first aid kit away. 

"Can I ask why you helped me well even let me instead of turning me away?" He asked you. 

"Well Billy despite you being a total dick to me and your sister, I still care about you and your wellbeing, and trust me I thought about leaving you out there but I also knew that there had to be some reason you came to my window." You said.

"It wasn't intentional all those times, yes Max annoys me 90% of the time but I do care for her in some way and I got jealous when she kept bringing you up and how awesome you were and told me not to scare you off. I came because I had hoped that maybe since you cared about Max then maybe you would help me." He said. 

That night you two spent the most night talking and finding out that you two had a lot in common and eventually falling asleep in each other's arms. The next morning you woke up shocked to find Billy's arm around you but it made you smile a bit that he didn't get up and leave.

"Thanks for letting me crash here last night." He said as you walked out of the bathroom after getting changed. 

"No worries. You are welcome here anytime you need it." You said giving him a small smile knowing that this was probably going to be the last time you speak to him. 

After Billy left you finished getting ready for school, shaking off that weird feeling that you had in your stomach now that he was gone. You grabbed your bag and headed downstairs to grab some breakfast before heading off to school like you usually do. Once you arrived at school, you were surprised to see Billy standing at your locker. 

"Hey again." You said as you approached his locker.

"Hey, you were gone before I could offer you a ride to school." He said making you look at him confused. 

"A ride?" You asked him.

"Yeah since we're friends now or at least I hope we are. I could give you a ride to and from school if you like?" He asked. 

"We are and I would like that but won't it ruin your reputation by hanging out with me?" You asked him. 

"Like I said we're friends now, so that means friends hang out right?"He asked. 

"They do, just making sure you aren't messing with me." You said to him making him laugh.

"You never. You showed me kindness last night that I hadn't been shown in long time." He said making you smile. 

From that point on you and Billy Hargrove became fast friends and even Max was a little upset by it at first but was happy to see another side to her brother.