epilogue

6 Months later... Saturday May 14th

"You never once wore any of these." Noah glares at me, holding a huge bin of shoes.

I narrow my eyes, "yes I did... some of them." 

He shakes his head and walks out with the box, down to the cars.

"I knew having them do this was a good idea." My dad says, coming up behind me. I laugh and nod.

It was pretty nice not having to do much heavy lifting. This weekend is move-out week. We just finished finals and all of the dorms have to be moved out by tomorrow at 4pm. My dad gave some of the players an offer- help the four of us move out, and they get 1 free skip day this summer. He offered it to 10 players and all of them agreed. 

Which meant, we really didn't have much to do other than direct them. Obviously we helped a little bit. 

The last 6 months have flown by. After winter break, everything went in super speed. We won the ECAC championship in February. Noah actually scored the winning goal. He was also awarded MVP of the season.

Speaking of Noah, in March, he finally made his decision about the draft. He opted to stay in school another year and enter May of next year. I got scared that he was staying for me, but he assured me I was only part of the reason. He thinks he has more to learn, and more to teach the upcoming freshman. But between us? I think he wants one more season with his boys.

Chloe and Seth decided that right now wasn't their time. They're still friends, actually really close friends, and the last few months have been good between them. They always say they see themselves marrying each other but right now isn't the time. I think they're happy.

Bella has a girlfriend, Amara. They've been together since spring break. We're all happy for them both, it's good to finally see Bella happy. Plus Amara fits in really well with the rest of us.

Cameron is still Cameron, goofy, oblivious, and very food driven. He's still single, but he claims that a girl would take away time from "The Squad" which just "can't happen."

Andrew and Nat came back from winter break together which surprised all of us. New Years Eve was their first public debut as a couple and they've been strong since. Obviously a few bumps in the road, especially with Nat's stubborn personality, but Andrew does a great job of reeling her back in, which is exactly what she needs. 

Noah and I are doing great. I plan on spending a month at his moms house this summer and he is coming back to Clarkson when summer drills start in July. We'll basically be together the entire summer. 

After the events in December with Sam Prescott, Sam and Noah have had a very different relationship. Noah realized that Sam actually will do whatever necessary to keep his past a secret. In fact, Noah has been squeezing every benefit he can from him.

Which is how Noah got Sam to upgrade their house. Instead of renting, Sam bought one of the Mansions in Clarkson. A 7 bedroom, 7 bathroom house is waiting for the 8 of us in the fall, completely free of charge for any of us. 

When Noah told us, we all lost our minds. The house is perfect. There is 1 bedroom downstairs as well as a half-bath. That bedroom will likely be storage. Upstairs the layout is almost perfectly symmetrical. When you walk up the stairs, 2 bedrooms with their own bathrooms are directly across the hall, Bella and Chloe have claimed those rooms. Down the right hallway is another 2 bedrooms, one is similar in size to Bella and Chloe's rooms, with it's own bathroom as well. That is Seth's room. The other side is one of the Master's with a big closet and amazing bathroom, Noah and I will have that room.

The opposite end of the house is set up similarly, with one room similar to the rest and then a second bedroom that is larger than the others. It's not quite as large as the master but it has a large bathroom and walk-in closet. However, even the small rooms are bigger than any of the rooms at the old house. Cameron took the regular size room and Nat and Andrew will be in the larger room.

It took a lot to convince my parents to let me move there, but considering it is still close to campus and my parents trust the boys, they eventually caved. 

Once the last box is loaded into the cars, I get into the passenger seat of Noah's jeep. I sigh and lean my head back, "what's on your mind?" Noah asks as he puts the car in drive.

I smile over at him, "just thinking about the past year."

Freshman year was nothing like I planned for it to go. I met the greatest friends I've ever had, I've fallen even more in love with journalism, and most importantly, I've found myself this year. 

"Any regrets?" He asks.

"No, I am so glad I didn't follow those Two Rules."

♥︎A/N: I can't believe it is actually done... this is insane. I know it's not a super long epilogue but I feel like everything that needed to be said was said. BUT I do have an offer for you guys! I want to write bonus chapters. they can be in the past, maybe a scene you want more details on, or they can be in the future, later down the line! comment them and I will make them happen.

As for a sequel, I haven't given it much thought. is that something you would want?

It's been an amazing journey everyone. Thank you for sticking it out with me. I love you all.

Word count: 960