CHAPTER XXX

~ * ~

~ * ~

"That's all you three can do? You are not so much for me to deal with, are ya?" Ruggie snickered and had a mocking grin directed at the first years. 

Figurative, it was a figurative chase at first. Chase to have the culprit caught, chase to have the case of all the Magical Shift players' mysterious injuries solved.

However, soon, it turned to a frustrating marathon in a matter of seconds. 

The worst part of it all is that Ruggie was not even at all tired but they were. 

"Wh-What's with this guy?! He's so quick!" Ace pants, exhausted as the rest of his friends were beside him, also catching their breaths.

"He's not only fast but he's freakishly acrobatic." The fellow Heartslabyul resident, Deuce, followed, hands on his knees. 

"Fungah. . I can't believe I can't catch him. . ." Grim, a tired and baffled mess, ended the agreement of both residents. 

"Compared to the backstreets in the slums, it's just a cakewalk." The Savanaclaw second year taunted yet again.

"I mean, even if you caught me, how're you gonna go and prove that I'm the culprit?"

We were too hasty. (Y/N) thinks, frustrated and knew what the blonde-haired male implied with the lack of concrete proof. 

"Excuse me?" Deuce glared. 

"You don't have any evidence that I injured them. Got anyone seeing me use my magic? Pictures of it? You haven't, huh?" 

"Th-That's. . ." Ace trailed off in surrender. 

"--Cowardly," (Y/N) spat, glaring at the second year in front of her who was merely unfazed by her words at him. 

"Cowardly? That's praise," Ruggie snickered. 

"Next time you chase me around, have your ducks in a row first. Try as much as you like though, next time will probably be impossible for you too."

"This is so frustrating!" Grim says, frustrated. 

"Well then, all done with today's game of tag." Ruggie smiled, a nonchalant and carefree smile, then placed the stolen magical pens on the ground. 

"Oh, and I'll leave the magical pens I took. Bye bye!"

With that, he ran off. 

"Sh*t! Screw him!" The ginger-haired first year swore, wishing for the blonde-haired male to go and break a bone while he sprinted away.

"Dorm Head Rosehearts is gonna have our heads. . ." The blue-haired male trailed off, meanwhile, and was more concerned than frustrated. 

"He just said "next time" earlier." (Y/N) recalled to the two males, taking Cater and Riddle's magical pens to return to them later on.