Burning Desires, Z vs Y! CH-96

Narrator: Last time, Ash and Kiawe started their heated battle for the title of the Alolan Champion. Currently, Kiawe is leading three to two.

Ash was sitting in his lockerroom, bend over while supporting his elbows on his knees. Pikachu stood on the bench where he sat on while Lucario stood infront of him. Both looked worriedly at their trainer.

Suddenly the door opened and footsteps rushing towards him could be heard. Ash looked up and noticed it was Serena. He immediately stood up to face her.

"Ash is everything alright?" She worriedly asked, running up to him before wrapping her arms around him and placing her head on his chest, trying to give him a comforting hug.

"Y-yeah I guess... Kiawe started off a bit better, that's just all..." Ash replied, smiling softly as he had his arms around Serena aswell while resting his chin on her head.

Then, Serena cocked her head back, looking worriedly at him. "You sure? Kiawe has now been a step ahead every time..."

"Don't worry one bit! Kiawe is strong but I'm not giving my title up for nothing!" Ash assured her determinedly. "Besides, I can always rely on these guys, can't I?" Ash asked, looking over at Pikachu and Lucario.

"Pika-Pi!" Pikachu replied, putting his thumbs up. "RraH!" Lucario added with a nod.

"See?" Ash smiled at Serena who didn't seem convinced completely. She sighed before she eyed Ash with concern. "Lucario is at a disadvantage against fire types.. you know that right?" Serena returned.

"Don't worry, everything is gonna be just fine." Ash reassured her once more as he stroked her hair with his hand in affection.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

"Coming!" Ash shouted before he turned back to Serena. "It's time." He smiled at her, ready to defend his title.

Serena gave him an encouraging kiss and as she departed, she said. "Show them out there what you're all about. I want to be called the girlfriend of the Champion of Alola for a little bit longer." She winked teasingly.

Ash grinned at her. "That's just the motivation I needed!" Then, he gave her one final hug and a kiss before he left the lockerroom, on his way back to the battlefield.

As he walked through the corridors with Pikachu on his shoulder and Lucario by his side. "We're show Kiawe everything we've got! Right guys?" He spoke determinedly, glancing over at the two who roared in agreement, pumping their fists in determination.

(---)

"Now everyone, the second leg of the battle will start. For this battle, A rock field has been selected. With Kiawe leading three to two, will he crown himself as the new Alolan Champion? Or will Champion Ash defend his title successfully?"

"Competitors, choose your pokemon!" Hala announced.

"What do you say buddy? Shall we show them what we've got?" Ash looked over at his shoulder where the yellow mouse was sitting.

"Pika!" Pikachu chirped happily as it jumped onto the battlefield, glaring menacingly at Kiawe.

"Ash, let me introduce you to a pokemon I caught on our second trip to Kanto!" Kiawe grinned as he threw the pokeball. "Arcanine, show them the flames of Wela Vulcano!"

"Arrhuuuu!" Arcanine howled as it landed infront of Kiawe, facing Pikachu with a glare.

"Arcanine huh? Cool! Let's win this Pikachu!" Ash yelled excitedly as the eagerness to continue this battle rose up in his body.