Tape 1: Side A

INT. HANNAH ROOM - PAST - EVENING

At her desk, Hannah in a FACETIME WINDOW on her Mac.

HANNAH: Look, I know you thought I should hook up with Zach --

KAT: Zach who? Oh, Dempsey. Sorry, love, I'm learning all these new boy names, I've dragged most of the old ones to the trash icon in my head.

HANNAH: Yeah, so, anyway, Zach is, um, nice and all that --

KAT: But you're into Justin.

HANNAH: I'm evil.

KAT: Hardly. He's jock crack. I get it. But he's with Cassie. You know that.

HANNAH: No -- I would never --

KAT: Seriously. He's in love with her Han, I don't want you to get hurt. They both are natural flirts, they don't do it intentionally it's just their personalities babe.

Everyone that's met the two and is friends with them just nod and laugh.

KAT: Off topic. I'm dating hipsters now. Just remember and heed my warning Cassie is his just as much as he is hers.

Again everyone just nods. Most in the room that's seen an over protective or jealous Justin or a pissed off Cassie nod even quicker.

The girl is sweet, kind, loving, ADHD brained, sarcastic, heart of gold, over working/hard working person but if you make one clear move against her friends (picking on) or even someone down the halls. Or people trying to make an advance on Justin while she's there then and only will she rain hell on said person or people.

While if Justin or her are alone when someone is clearing hitting on them they excuse themselves and find the other or call the other. Then they talk about it cause they don't want the other to hear a rumor saying one thing when it didn't happen. Which unfortunately has happened to them before and they both learned from it.

INT. SCHOOL ATTENDANCE OFFICE - MORNING - SOPHOMORE YEAR

HANNAH (V.O)
I was an office assistant in third period.

Hannah at a counter before a computer, entering attendance sheets. She finishes the last, then steals a look over her shoulder. Taps at the keyboard.

ON SCREEN

A class schedule. The name at the top: JUSTIN FOLEY.

HANNAH (V.O)
So I knew where you were third period.

"She did that? I thought students couldn't access others schedules?" Mrs. Jensen said

Nobody answered even the ones that knew of her doing it didn't because everyone in that room knew that even if they went to an adult no one would've done a damn thing about it that's why they didn't really ever go to one again.

Hannah hits control-P, and hurries over to a printer as it blinks to life. She grabs the printout and slips it into her backpack.

HANNAH (V.O)
ONLY PROBLEM.