The Seawitch's Regret (10)

A Season of New Beginnings

The ocean, whose deepest depths were never too deep and surface that never had been too shallow, tears filled the sea from each and every memory anyone has made.

Most guards have been relieved of their posts when they instead escorted the youngest princess back to her home, her chambers.

But unlike the others, who immediately would want a welcome back party, telling about all the amazing things they done that others before them have not, she rather see her closest companion, her partner in crime, as soon as she gets back, no day later.

"Well now I just look like a fool," I stated, moving my hair over its part.

Levy held in a small smile as she laughed, "Well it was a bit amusing, I just didn't expect you to be here at all."

"Well if what they said is true, Alehkzir did want to ask me something..." Laiken recalled to his sister.

"That's right."

"You wanted to... ask Laiken something?" Her upper lip curved as if she just thought of a funny joke.

I stared at her and widened my eyes.

She was thinking about THAT but it was hardly even true.

Instead, I replied, "The ideas you had, I never gotten a chance to ask Laiken about them."

Levy's eyes widened, "You had all the time in the world, but now you are doing that?!"

I frowned, "I've been banished for the past several months."

Laiken nodded, "Yeah father indulgently had gone to another Ardizevepa to see if they would stop everything." He lowers his head, "It was a shame, it made everything so more entertaining."

"Oh!" She hadn't realized it was that long, "Well now that you are here I think I instead of that festival, we should have something better."

"Yeah and it seems you're the only one with a brain around here that can change things," I added, making them laugh.

"Instead there should be more prank wars and festivals where everyone is doing things besides being pretty and bragging!" Levy crossed her arms, smiling with excitement.

I nodded my head, "And we will get the younger ones that aren't so into all that being perfect stuff.  I never got it, nobody is perfect so why are they trying so hard to be the number 1?" I remarked afterwards.

Levy giggled at that.

Laiken raise his eyebrow and shook his head in laughter, "You two are something else, you know that right?" I simply grinned at the words he had to say, "First of all, Father would never approve of this and he wouldn't dare to get rid of the old one.  Please I've been trying for years."

Levy's face fell, "Well that's just mean.   It would be so much fun with pranks, umm glitter bombs, and--oh we could have sleepovers too!" She grinned.

I leaped over, leaning myself against her shoulder.

Laiken smiled, "I'll talk to him, but it honestly seems like something you both want to do together." He began to swim off, but right before he was out of earshot, he called out, "Alehkzir... Levy... I hope both of you one day do find your happiness."

I never understood why he said them.

Maybe it was because he knew what pain she went through and figured I experienced some of it too.

But I wish I held onto his words and remembered them.

Because I never found my happiness, I found death and I only brought death.