~Runaway (Sophiana)~

I'm typing this on a phone, so I can't use copy and paste emoticons now. First world problems, I suppose. I would like to say a couple things before we move on.

First things first, thank you all so, so, so much for 2.1k reads! I can't believe we got to over two thousands views in such a short period of time. I love you all so much, eeeE!

Secondly, I'm almost at 100 followers! Please follow me, it would really mean a lot. Thank you so, so, so much!

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Biana's POV✩

My heart pounded with rage as I glared at my dad with a unhinged blaze of fury I usually only had when talking about him behind his back, most of the time to Fitz since my brother was the only other person who understood the downsides of being a Vacker besides me. And I was about to know the downsides even more than anyone.

"You're...what?" My dad gritted his teeth as his brow furrowed with anger. I refused to let my gaze falter, instead glaring at him even more sharply.

"I'm gay, Dad," I said angrily. "I like girls. I'm not marrying that weird Song twin."

"What did I do to mess you up?!" Dad screamed at me, almost knocking me off my feet. Della ran to his hide, staring at me with horror and bewilderment. I couldn't tell if the mortified expression was for my father, or me.

"Dad, I'm not messed up. I never was!" I yelled, pointing my finger at myself to symbolize me. Biana Amberly Vacker. A lesbian.

"If you weren't messed up," Dad snarled. "You would be at the Song manor right now."

I gulped, swallowing all of the red, raw anger out of my voice to reveal pure black hate. "I'm leaving this house, and the Vacker legacy built into it. Goodbye."

"Biana, if you go up those stairs and slam your door, you will-" Dad said, but was interrupted by the slam of my door.

I gasped for air as I leaned against the door, my thin eyebrows slanted into a V shape of fury. I looked up from my feet to see my father. No, not my father. A smaller version of him, with kinder teal eyes and an extremely worried look on his face.

"You're leaving?" he choked out. I smiled sadly as I shoved my bag that I packed in advance over my shoulder.

"Yeah," I replied, looking into his teal eyes that were filled with tears. "You coming?"

"I think so," he said with a sad chuckle. "Just give me some time. Where will I find you?"

I grinned at him with a mix of emotions, consisting of love for him and sadness for having to leave him behind. "In exactly one month from tonight, meet me at the forest entrance."

Fitz grinned, a beam that was filled with even more emotion than mine, as he flung his arms around me and hugged me tighter than he ever had. "Will you be okay?"

I gripped his back with determination. I loved more than anyone in the entire world. Well, maybe not everyone...

I pushed images of blonde girls with warm brown eyes out of my mind as I pulled away from Fitz. "Of course I will. Then we'll have the free lives we deserved."

"Don't miss me too much?" Fitz chuckled.

"I won't. I'll have Sophie."

"Tell her I said hi," Fitz requested. "And tell her to take care of my sister for me."

"Aw, you big sap," I giggled, shoving my elbow into Fitz's stomach. Fitz fell onto the bed with an oof.

"Bye, Lil Sis," Fitz said. "See you soon."

"Bye, Fitzy," I said, rushing down the hall with my duffel bag, ignoring the looks of hatred my father glared at me as I waved goodbye to my brother. I slammed the door with a loud thud,  a sound that sounded possibly more amazing than anything I had ever heard. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my mom look at me with a mix of emotions. Guilt, concern, but most of all, love. I knew she loved me, deep down. But I wasn't going to put up with Dad just to make her happy, so I had no choice but to leave.

I breathed in the crisp evening air as I walked down the hill of the Vacker mansion. The dusky purple clouds in the sky above me covered the twinkling stars from clear vision, but the moon still shone brightly against the grass under my feet. Fireflies flickered in the distance, their bright white lights similar in looks to the stars. I looked at the huge, arched windows of Everglen one last time, where a silhouette of my brother pecked out from his window, watching me leave.

I smiled and waved at him, earning back a wave of a shadowy arm from the house. As I turned away from Fitz's shadow, I determinedly smiled at the ground, knowing I would come back for him. I always would.

The purple sky faded into a darker indigo color as I made my way through the forest. My eyes gleamed with delight as I saw distinct lights from the trees. A sweet, angelic voice echoed through the trees, blessing the forest with its song. I crept towards the voice with excitement, barely keeping my legs low to the ground and resisting the urge to run towards the voice and wrap my arms around the familiar girl with the gold flecked eyes.

The song stopped just as I stepped into the clearing with fireflies dappled around like freckles. A small head turned to me and smiled. Brown eyes beamed with bright golden sparks as I smiled back. I walked towards the girl and sat down next to her. I leaned my head against her shoulder as I plopped down.

"I'm guessing it didn't go so well?" Sophie asked me softly, leaning her blonde head of hair against mine.

"No," I admitted quietly, wrapping my arms around her and clasping my hands together next to her waist.

"Well, you always have a place here," Sophie reminded me.

"I know, it's just..." I sighed, leaning even more into her shoulder. "I shouldn't have to stay with you, even though I want to. I shouldn't have to run away. I deserve a family who loves me for who I am."

"But you have Fitz," Sophie told me, turning her head so her chin rested on my temple and her lips pressed against my hair. "Not everyone has that."

"I suppose not," I sighed, closing my eyes and breathing in the scent of Sophie's blonde hair, the aroma of vanilla and lemon and morning dew.

"You smell nice," I mumbled, earning a soft laugh from her that made my heart light up with joy.

"You smell nice too," Sophie complimented me between small giggles. "But we should go back inside, before you catch a cold."

"I don't care about getting a cold," I told her. "I just want to stay here with you."

Sophie's body relaxed as she leaned into my temple more, melting into my touch like I melted into hers long, long, long ago. The stars twinkled proudly above us, no longer covered by the clouds.