Chapter 49. My Handkerchief

When Lucilline awoke, he found a nest of soft fluffy golden hair sitting across the bed. Streams of sunlight peeked through slims of the curtains, while wisps of harmless breeze circulated the room. Occasionally, the wind would roughly send the curtain flying up.

The black-haired nobleman was hit by the gaze of the skies' cerulean blue colour. It's morning... wait, morning!?!

Dimitri winked, "Awake?"

Lucilline lurched up from the bed. His entire body seemed to be plunged in a pool of arctic waters. His hands unconsciously clenched the sheets, "What happened to the mission?" Why didn't you wake me up? Thousands of questions raced through his head.

The Crown Prince was dressed in commoners' attire.

He smiled with his arms crossed across his chest. His sleeves were pulled up to his elbows, revealing his robust and well-toned limbs, "The swamp demons have already been taken care of."

Lucilline could not believe it.

He said that he'd eliminate the swamp demons... he promised that he'd help. So why is it that he had contributed nothing?

"What is with that expression?" Dimitri chuckled. "You don't believe me? Ask your butler or maid, they helped me in the process."

Lucilline's pale face turned to look at Augustine. The reincarnator was dressed in an extra large t-shirt, the hem tucked within his belt and loose trousers. His taut muscles tugged against the shirt, which even though was extra large—was still tight. His collar was open, a fragrance of masculinity exposed to the atmosphere. His dashing short black hair gleamed from the sunlight.

Sharp grey eyes flickered, quickly exposing his emotions, a tint of guilt visible within them.

"It's true." Augustine admitted.

"Mhm." Willow shied away.

Now that she talked, Lucilline noticed that the maidservant was present in their room. Willow no longer tied her hair up into a bun, laying it free on her puny shoulders.

Lucilline bit the inside of his mouth.

It is real. He didn't do anything.

"...well, what happened at night." Lucilline asked, despite his great urge to sulk.

Dimitri laid everything bare before him. Last night, he rounded up Augustine and Willow, then investigated Kirvin Village together. It turned out that the swamp demons were gathered near the roots of the centre large tree, thus building a nest there.

The three of them exterminated the demons, then burned the nest.

The core problem of the swamp demons was resolved—

without me, Lucilline couldn't help but remind himself. In the end, no matter how hard he tried to become stronger, he will forever be a burden.

The Young Master of House Rubius really isn't that impressive.

"What's wrong, Young Master?" Willow stared helplessly. She was like a stray deer caught in headlights, "Isn't it great? His Royal Highness resolved the problem, and the people of Kirvin Village will be able to live peacefully! We should be thankful for him!"

Lucilline mustered up his strength, but found no energy.

He really was still so worthless.

"I'm glad you think the same." His Dream demon casually spoke.

"You're really strong, Your Highness." Lucilline smiled, but his smile lacked emotions. If only I could be like the Crown Prince. This way, I can become more reliable. More people will trust me. Additionally, I won't be more and more like a villain.