61 - Unconditional love

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING

I spent a week in hospital until I was finally allowed to go rest at home

I spent a week in hospital until I was finally allowed to go rest at home. The rest part was empathised greatly. Despite my nature, I would actually rest and recover. My body was tired and weak. It didn't fail me however.

My beautiful baby boy lay in my arms soundly asleep. Enzo, despite helping me a lot, he was being borderline suffocating. He wouldn't let me have any alone time with Thiago because he was always with me. I didn't mind I suppose but at the same time, I wanted to be alone.

Sitting on the sofa, my legs outstretched, wearing cotton shorts and a T-shirt, I felt so at peace. In my arms was my baby. Enzo's and mine. We made this little person. This person who was so wholly dependent on me.

I reached out with my finger and giggled when he grasped it. Ten little fingers and ten little toes, he was everything I could have hoped for. He soon opened up his big dark eyes. Enzo's eyes. I could tell them anywhere. "Hello baby. Are you awake now?" I cooed softly watching him react by gurgling.

I didn't have a clue what I was doing but I would try my best. Alessia has been amazing. I don't know what I would do without her. Thiago began to fuss and I rocked him slowly. "What is it? You want some more milk? I'm pretty sure you've had enough and besides my boobs are fucking sore. Don't tell me, you've pooped haven't you? Did you poop for mommy?" I chuckled, tickling Thiago under his chin. He didn't laugh however, he's far too small.

"I hope you haven't pooped." I sighed, trying to sniff him. My body groaned in protest. Having stitches in my vagina didn't help at all. "And look at mommy. I haven't done my nails. I haven't even done my hair. But come on then." I sighed, mentally preparing myself with getting up.

When I eventually got up, I lay Thiago down onto the changing mat which was conveniently placed on a table at standing height, so I could change him without having to bend down. "As much as I love you, I hate changing your diaper." I smiled as I began to undo his onesie with him fussing.

"I could ask Raf." Enzo's voice spilled into the room and as if Thiago knew his dad was in the room, he stopped fussing. I scoffed and continued what I was doing. "Don't worry mommy's not going to let that idiot change you." I spoke looking down, trying to gently pry his little limbs out of the onesie.

Enzo came up to me and I felt his presence like a warm blanket. He was there for me all whilst I gave birth and I honestly don't know what I would have done without him. He remained so calm when I wasn't. It's not that I didn't want to be calm but everything left me when the pain came. Far too much pain. Men could never imagine. They could never survive it. They could never stand up the next day let alone change a diaper a week later.

It took me several minutes but I had finally changed Thiagos' diaper and was now settled onto the sofa, cradling him. I couldn't put him down. I wanted to hold him. Alessia said I should put him down so he would get used to sleeping on his own but I felt so attached to him that I couldn't possibly stand there while he cried himself to sleep despite it being good for him.