𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈 | 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐒

"He's not perfect, but he's all I want"

GIANNA ROSE
It's been three days since I was kidnapped by Lorenzo's men. After our little chat, he had me taken to a guest room that connected to a kid's room he had built for Sofia. Lorenzo has been MIA since our last talk and Sofia has barely said a word to me. The maid that takes care of us informed me that Dante and Declan were being held in the cellars down in the basement. Her name is Greta, we've become friends over the past couple of days and she's been keeping me updated.

The days only get more and more boring especially since my own daughter is angry at me for whatever reason. It's hard being trapped in a room with someone as small and angry as her.

It was around noon when she finally walked over to my bed and lay under the sheets. Sofia faced me with an angry expression and her arms crossed. Why was she so mad?

"I need you to tell me the truth, I'm sick of going places and not knowing what's going on," Sofia said. Her baby voice only made it sound cute but I had to focus on her request. Dante was right, at some point, she had to learn the truth and what better to do than now since we're both kidnapped. I sat up against the headboard letting out a long sigh.

"Ok, I'll tell you the whole truth." Sofia seemed a little shocked that I really gave in like that. "My father is a part of the Russian mafia, and Lorenzo is part of the Italian mafia. Now you know what a mafia is, right, so everything you're probably wondering about them is most likely right. My mother's side of the family ran a dangerous Italian drug cartel so we also have ties to them, too. In our mafia, Uncle Leo is the leader-or the king, Uncle Luka is the underboss, and I'm the princess."

Sofia's eyes practically bulged out. She and Dante watched many movies and heard many stories about the mafia not knowing she was born into one and involved in more than just one.

"There's a story I don't know if your father ever told you about, it's about a little boy-" She cut me off with a nod. "Ok, well that story was about himself. After he was kidnapped by my father, he was tortured for years until my father made him into one of the deadliest assassins named Diabolo-also meaning Devil." Sofia jumped on me, holding me tight as she let a couple of tears escape her eyes. Rowan's story is brutal and she knows that, he always thought I didn't know the full story but I knew. I knew where he got his injuries from, I knew what my father was doing to him which was why I ran with Sofia.

"One day, I overheard my father and Rowan talking about turning you into an assassin-the next deadliest. I knew what my father did to Rowan and that was the last thing I wanted for you. I thought your father was on his side for a long time after I ran with you. But I learned the truth when we reunited." I paused and looked down at Sofia who still held me tightly. "Me taking you away from the Russian mafia started a war, and when I met Lorenzo, who was my boss at first, I thought he would be my safe haven. But at some point, I finally realized why people hated his family, and why everyone warned me of him. I took a proposal he offered me and I let him cross many boundaries. Now he's doing this just for my hand, he's doing the total opposite of keeping us safe."